“A home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bed & Breakfast at Shaw Lodge

Bed & Breakfast at Shaw Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevenoaks
Bed & Breakfast at Shaw Lodge
Ranked #6 of 13 Sevenoaks B&B and Inns
Lewes, United Kingdom
“A home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here after meeting up with old friends to celebrate a birthday. It was very homely and comfortable and I was made very welcome. It was impeccably clean and I slept well in the comfortable bed. The breakfast was delicious and I was well looked after. I really did feel at home here and would definitely stay again if I was in the area. I would recommend Shaw Lodge to anyone.
Tim

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tim M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at 'Shaw Lodge' earlier this month after a recommendation from a friend - I must have enjoyed it as I'm back again.

I am an aircraft engineer working out of Biggin Hill airport. Accomodation around this area is hard to find and I'm lucky to have found this B&B which is not only in an ideal location (10 mins from Biggin Hill) but it also has the general feeling of something familiar. The owner/operator/chef/cleaner/handy woman (the list goes on) is wonderful. Very welcoming and can't do enough for you.

Breakfast is superb, excellent quality food and perfectly cooked.

Bedrooms are lovely with added extras such as dressing gowns and coffee making facilities.

Highly recommended, A+.

You won't go wrong with this B&B wether it's as business trip or for pleasure. Thank you Shaw Lodge.

From a happy customer.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank pedropony9
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed on Chritmas Day after visiting family locally. We received a very kind and warm welcome. Everything was spotlessly clean; the bed was blissfully comfortable and we had a glorious view from the window. A delicious breakfast in the morning and we were very kindly given little Christmas presents as well! Another treat was having tea from beautiful china. I recommend it very highly.

Angela

Room Tip: Only saw the big double which was lovely and very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Me and 2 friends stayed at Shaw Lodge on our way to see the Tennis at The 02. We had a very warm welcome and were made to feel relaxed straight way, the offer of tea and cake was most welcome. The rooms were very comfortable and Fiona we helpful and considerate of our needs. The breakfast provided in the morning was really tasty, we didn't need to eat again that day! Would very much recommend this B&B.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Allison C
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My bride and I stayed here for a lovely anniversary trip before my work was to begin. I can't begin to tell you how glad I am to have reserved Shaw Lodge for our stay in the Seven Oaks area. This is a must for anyone in the area! We were treated like royalty by our hostess.

The room was spacious, well appointed, and had a wondrous view of the gardens. The bed was just perfect - soft, but not "sloshy". We haven't slept that well in years! The bathroom was also completely and tastefully updated with all of the flair one would expect from a very upscale suite in London. Finally, the common living/breakfast room was quite posh with all of the dark, luxurious furniture with a large, well stocked library.

One thigh worth remembering, you will be offered a superb assortment of dishes for your morning meal. Whether you prefer cereal and fruit, fresh and hearty breads, eggs cooked in the most delectable fashions, or all of the above at once, you will have it your way with a beautiful presentation. I do have to say that the Shaw Scrambler was a definite hit; you MUST try this for breakfast at least once. I have even begun to make it myself for my family on special occasions, but I can't seem to do our hostess justice.

Bottom line, this 5-star rating was well earned. Do yourself a favor, make your plans to stay at Shaw Lodge; you will not regret your decision!

Room Tip: Ask for the large room at the rear of the property.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night whilst visiting Brands for the final round of British Superbikes.

Can't fault the hospitality, care and attention Fi provided. She's the ultimate B&B host!

Keep up the good work Fi!

Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JJ_Hants
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I spent a few weeks at Shaw Lodge and enjoyed my evening conversations with Fi and her excellent home decorating skills. It's sad that I could not try her famous Shaw Lodge breakfast. My bad.... always late to work so had to rush.
Shaw lodge is cozy and just like home.
I hope I could go back there for my next contract.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevenoaks
Best Western Plus Donnington Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Tonbridge North Hotel
The Bakery
The Bakery
#1 of 8 in Westerham

Been to Bed & Breakfast at Shaw Lodge? Share your experiences!