“Steak & Frites perfected!”

Cote Brasserie Sevenoaks
Ranked #15 of 133 Restaurants in Sevenoaks
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We were well looked after in Cote this Bank holiday Monday. Our very friendly and attentive, but not overbearing waiter made sure we had everything we wanted from start to finish.
Our Cote Ribeye special was perfectly cooked as were the frites (someone compared them to McD's fries - I don't think so...!!). Superb veg (I would recommend the creamed spinach) and very good desserts. I though their tarte fine aux pommes was superb.
Only quibble is that everything is extra... the bread, the sauces for the steaks, the veg - and you really do need these - so the price racks up quickly. Top tip is the special menu if you can get there early enough (a tenner before 7pm Mon-Thurs I think).

Reviewed 25 August 2013

On arrival we were given a warm welcome but as a dining experience it soon went downhill. We were shown to our table, which was sandwiched between 2 other couples. The tables were so clearly shoehorned together that one lady on the adjacent table had her bag on the seat to our intended table, and I would've been closer to the chap next to me than my wife opposite. The waitress soon realised that this was unacceptable and offered us a table in the same row of tables, but next to the window. We were invited to wait by the steps to the toilets whilst this other table was being prepared. After half an hour of waiting, a different waitress approached to take our order, at approaching 9pm. We asked for a bottle of Muscadet and this had clearly never seen a fridge it its life. A second bottle was equally as warm, and so not wanting to make a fuss we accepted it but in the basis that some ice was actually put into the ice bucket, not just tap water. This second waitress blamed it on a rush on the wine that evening (strange that, being a Saturday night, and it being only the third wine down on the list). She also said the delay wasn't her fault as it wasn't her section - where was the intended waitress then, or her supervisor?! To give credit to the chef, the food was actually pretty good. We enjoyed the charcuterie board and crab mayo, and the seabass as a main. The pea mint shallot and crouton salad which accompanied the lamb loin chop was lacking in everything but peas, however. Overall a bit of a let down, given our far better experiences at other Cote restaurants. We'll stick to the independent restaurants in Sevenoaks in future.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Been here once, and won't be returning to be honest, service wasn't great, waitress basically forgot about us, the steak I ordered tasted of charcoal from a dirty grill possibly and overall this restaurant is not for me.
However the bluewater cote is very good, Id recommend that one

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We popped in here for a very quick and reasonably priced Sunday lunch the other week but came back last night for a birthday meal which gave me a better opportunity to review it.

I have my apprehensions about this place (and the one in Tunbridge Wells) as they are effectively chain restaurants along the same lines as Cafe Rouge so wasn't sure they would achieve on the authentic French food front, but they're doing a good job.

Service was prompt and friendly, although there seemed to be a glut of staff which is the case in the Tunbridge Wells one too, I think they are overstaffing for the first 6 months or so while they are getting settled in.

The food was very tasty - we had the poulet breton with two different sauces and frites, the poulet with mushroom sauce and gratin potatoes and the haddock and parma ham. The poulet was incredibly meaty - you get far more than you would in say a Nandos - and at only 9.95 I felt it was very good value for money, you almost didn't need a dessert. The haddock and parma ham was cooked beatifully and pea puree was perfect. The only niggle I had was the salad leaves with the food and the green salad we ordered as a side looked a bit dried-out and tired. Okay so the food is nothing to rave about but for the price you're paying it's better than I would have expected.

Desserts were the real star of the show though. We had the chocolate mousse, creme caramel, tarte aux pommes and crepes with grand marnier and ice cream. The sort of desserts that are ridiculously tasty but you know aren't doing your health any good!

All in all it came to £82 with service included. Granted we had got a free bottle of wine worth £24 from a voucher they were handing out at the station last week but even with a bottle of wine you're looking at £25 a head for two courses and drinks which isn't too bad, and if you get there before 7:00 in the evening it's two courses for £9.95 a head or three for £11.95.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We popped in , in a hurry , to grab a quick lunch about six weeks after this place had opened in Sevenoaks . We made it clear we were looking for quick service , and it was like lightening ; drinks food , bill, pow ,pow ! I ordered the cod goujons from the quick section and my guest ordered a rare 7oz fillet steak. The only slight mistake was that they served a sirloin not a fillet but that could have been a simple communication breakdown as they also only charged for the sirloin . The food was lovely and hot and the steak true "rare" . The chips were nice and the french beans really tasty and well seasoned. Very efficient , pleasant setting and good staff.