“Excellent”

Barham's Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A small restaurant serving English and French style cuisine seating a maximum of 30 people. Private parties can be catered for. Opening Hours: Monday and Tuesday CLOSED Wednesday to Saturday 12.00 to 2.30PM, 6.00PM to 9.30PM Sunday 12.00 to 3.00PM
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We took my Mother to Barham's Restaurant for Sunday lunch. Large choice of dishes from both a la carte and fixed price menu. Attentive service. Excellent food, delicious. We will certainly visit Barham's Restaurant again. Robert Appleton.

2  Thank Robert A
Andrew B, Owner at Barham's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post these very nice comments. It was good to see you both and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We recently used this restaurant to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary on a Sunday lunchtime with four generations of our family. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly owners and the food was delicious. We had a balloon and table decorations, the children and the great grandma were all looked after. We returned later in the week with just four of us for an evening meal. The food was equally good. I would recommend this restaurant highly.

3  Thank HeatherStowmarket

Thank you for your very nice comments. I'm glad you all enjoyed your special day and it was good to see you again so soon after.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We ate here on Friday evening and the food was delicious. The vegetables were perfectly cooked too. Yes it is a bit expensive, but we really enjoyed our meals so will definitely return.

2  Thank G M
Andrew B, Manager at Barham's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to respond in this way, It was nice to see you.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We had high hopes for the new restaurant in Frinton, however on arrival I was less than impressed.

I felt as though we were dining in my grandparents front room, this is supposed to be a a'la carte restaurant but it just did not have the right feel to it.

The menu choice was limited in my opinion and the service was less than adequate. And to top it all off very over priced.

Needless to say we will not be returning.

2  Thank Finediner1964
Andrew B, Owner at Barham's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

In your review you stated that you didn’t enjoy your visit to my restaurant or that you won’t be returning, however you didn’t say when you visited or what you ate, but your comments mainly referred to the menu being lacking in choice, and that the restaurant didn’t have “the right feel”. The term A la Carte originated from the collaboration between Cesar Ritz, Auguste Escoffier and Richard D’Oyly Carte at the Savoy Hotel in London, and was a reference to how food was offered and presented from the trolley instead of from a set menu. There is no reference in the meaning of A la Carte as to how a restaurant should appear in style or design or even “feel”, this is all down to personal taste and doesn’t always appeal to everyone’s liking. We run two menus, one has a choice of 6 Starters, 7 Main course and 6 Desserts and the other has a choice of 7 Starters, 7 Main Course and 7 Desserts together with an additional 4 to 6 choices on the Specials board. I don’t think this constitutes a lack of choice in any way. Gone are the days of menus reading like a version of War and Peace as most restaurants concentrate on a smaller menu, unless of course you are dining in a fast food restaurant which has a more extensive menu for your perusal.
May I though, just commend your Grandparents on having such good taste on the décor of their front room!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

World class taste. My first healthy and tasty meal on this part of the coast. It is expensive but so are many in this area and it's real value for money. I don't often praise food out in this way and it's my first review because I don't want it to disappear, it deserves to succeed.

3  Thank JudyTjt96

Thank you for your very kind comments. It was much appreciated.