“Douglas Hotel”
Review of Douglas Hotel

Douglas Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hartlepool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Another great week-end at this wonderful hotel, rooms are excellent and breakfast will not be beaten anywhere . it is handy for the Marina, Victoria Park. We used it as a base while visiting friends in Hartlepool, and would certainly return again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Central location. 10 min from Hartlepool train station. Has a restaurant with great food and used regularly by locals. Rooms good. Welcoming staff who go out of way to be helpful. Great value at these rates.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This B&B, has very good rates, with great food and very friendly staff. It is a budget establishment although I would say they offer more than the price charged. The bedroom was spotless, but the public areas were not the same standard. The TV on the wall in the single bedroom was too awkward to actually watch TV.

Room Tip: I was in a front room on a busy main road, and did not notice any traffic noise. No 6 is a cosy, ie...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I'd tried the bistro previously - the A la Carte menu is particularly recommended (see separate report). I stayed 2 nights whilst on business in Middlesboro. My room, whilst both horizontally AND vertically challenged (I have the bruise to prove it & I'm only 5ft4), was exceptionally clean & well appointed. The service throughout is 1st class, with nothing too much trouble by all the team. The full English breakfast is superb. Hotel is really comfortable, with a good ambiance, too. Parking was a bit of a trial, whilst renovation work is being carried out on the nearby hotel parking slots. Make sure that you move within the hour when parking "on road", before 18h00 & before 08h00 next day. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 to 5 are in the "gods" (attic), Pretty noisy when it rains, & a bit on the c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have recently stayed at the Douglas Hotel. During my time there I have resided in two different rooms, both of which were of a high standard. The hotel staff were excellent and go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. The food was excellent and the service outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stopped at the Douglas for 3 nights as I was working in the area, my room was clean and had everything I needed. The breakfast was excellent and although I didn't try the bistro it was busy the 3 nights I was there.

I would definitely stay at the Douglas again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Douglas for 10 days due to my work on the rigs at able docks, I found the room,service and politeness of the staff was fantastic, they look after you very well and cater for you needs. The food was fantastic with special note to there la carte menu which was sublime in my opinion. Highly recomened! Would very much stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014