“Another good stay”

Best Western Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hartlepool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. The evening meal and breakfast were of a high quality. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The music at night was entertaining and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floor 2 or 3 because they are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank lonsdale134
Hotel M, General Manager at Best Western Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Lonsdale134, thank you for your kind revie and am very happy that you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you in the near future, Kind regards Craig
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Myself and my "husband" married at the Grand on Friday 7th March. We knew from the moment we viewed the venue that it was exactly what we were looking for.

The night before the wedding myself, my bridesmaid's and mum stayed over. We had food in the restaurant which was fantastic and great value for money, Staff were very friendly and polite. There was one guy in particular who really took care of us only I can't remember his name, older guy, small with a moustache. .
We stayed in room 104 which was amazing. We called downstairs a few times for extra blankets, chairs etc and they were up to the room within 5 minutes.

The morning of the wedding I went downstairs to the ballroom where my reception was to be held to check everything was set out as I had explained and it was perfect, the guy setting it up (don't know his name either) did a fab job.

Wedding went off without a hitch, the toastmaster (Tommy I think his name was) was great, always on hand if needed and kept me sane :)

Food was fantastic, from breakfast, lunch and evening, my guests also commented on the standard of food and how reasonably priced the drinks were.

A lot of my guests stayed overnight in the hotel and said how pleased they were with the rooms, very clean and spacious.

Myself and my husband stayed in the bridal suite the night of the wedding, room was amazing but there was a horrible smell which wouldn't go, it was like a drain smell, we did speak to reception who said they would get someone to go and check the room.out but unsure if this happened as smell remained, but this wasn't a massive issue as we weren't in the room for very long anyway.

Reception staff were very friendly and polite, one girl.in particular, once again not sure of her name (south African girl) was so helpful :)

Definitely be staying over again and recommend The Grand Hotel to anyone for wedding venue and general stay.

Mr and Mrs Prince x

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Ki35ty
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My sister had her wedding reception here and the room was amazingly decorated with lots of room to move around the tables aswell. The staff were very polite and answered any questions and went out of there way to sort things out for us. Me and my partner stayed overnight and the room was great. Plenty of room and everything we needed. We also seen the bridal suite in which my sister and her husband stayed and it was beautiful also. Overall an amazing experience and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank KayleighAliceLiddle
Hotel M, General Manager at Best Western Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear KayleighAliceliddel, Thank you for your review, i am happy that you enjoyed your sisters wedding and the hotels facilities, Kind Regards Craig
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I had been invited to a Motown tribute show at the Grand with a group of my friends a few weeks ago. The whole evening was brilliant. You could tell it was well organised and also well coordinated by Kathleen. She was on hand during the course of the evening to assist and give pointers. We were welcomed to the ballroom by pleasant staff.
It was a busy evening so it came as no surprise that when I went to the ladies there was no loo roll left. Faye, the receptionist, was quick to replace it once I'd mentioned it.
Me and my friends had a very enjoyable evening and found that it was excellent value for money and would return to another future tribute night at the Grand Hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MRachel84
Dear Mrachel84, Thank you for your review and i am delighted that you enjoyed your theme night of Motown, we hope to see you back at a future event, Kind regards Craig
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Firstly I had my engagement in the Grand Hotel, pearl bar it was fantastic, couldn't of asked for more. Then We had our beautiful wedding breakfast at the Grand Hotel. Kathleen was brilliant, the wedding planner, she couldnt of done enough for us. From beginning to end it was perfect from the beautiful food (all my friends and family commented on how gorgeous it was). All staff couldn't do enough for the wedding party. A lot of our friends and family stayed at the Grand Hotel too and the rooms were spacious, so clean and comfortable. Breakfast on the morning was delicious, and had a wide variety of food and drinks. All in all, I would truthfully honestly recommend this hotel to anyone, even for a night away or a full blown wedding. (And believe me I am a clean freak and a very fuzzy eater). My brother was so impressed he had his engagement last week and has booked his wedding for march 2015. Thankyou so much Grand Hotel. From Katy Shepherd

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank KatyShep
Dear Katey, Thank your for your review of your wedding at the Grand, i am delighted everything went according to plan and that you were looked after by our team, Kind Regards Craig
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

We booked the Bridal Suite Room 101 and it was fab! The room was amazing and had a jacuzzi. We had dinner in the restaurant and the singer that was on was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this hotel. All the staff were very helpful and accommodating.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Antony P
Dear Anthony P, thank your for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to your return, Kind Regards Craig