“A hidden gem!”

The Chimneys Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hartlepool B&B and Inns
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Needed accommodation as was working in Peterlee and this was local. Staff were fabulous, rooms spacious, modern and well equipped.
Will definitely be returning in the future, even if it's just for a meal.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rugeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2011

First visit to this area, went to Take That concert in nearby Sunderland so booked in for just the one night. On arrival we were greeted and made to feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble from arranging taxis to keeping kitchen open late for us at breakfast which was really nice too. All in all excellent value for money and would certainly recommend. Thank-you

Room Tip: some rooms have sea view
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Middlesbrough
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Needed somewhere to crash after a wedding & Chimneys was local. Good clean hotel close to all ameneties. 5 star value for money. Staff were welcoming & friendly & nothing was too much trouble. Even managed to find me a phone charger as I forgot mine.! Bar charges a lot cheaper than most hotels. Even delivered the remainder of my wine to my room so I could have it later. Room was very clean & beds comfortable. Breakfast was cooked fresh & delicious.. I would use this place again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I went to the area for the first time to visit family. I travelled with my mother and grandma, and we could not have been looked after any better! We arrived late in the evening and they kept the kitchens open to offer us food, they carried our bags and we were introduced to the night staff. We stayed for 3 nights and this high level of personal service didn't end, nothing we needed was ever too much and the staff were incredibly friends but most professional too. Although the rooms are very basic they have everything you need for a good nights sleep and a nice cuppa in the morning, they include freeview TV. nothing negative to say about the whole experience, and I would 100% recommend to others!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I booked two rooms at the above hotel 31/08/10 only to turn up and no-one be there to greet us, I even rang them while we stood on the doorstep and still no answer.
Thinking we were early at 14.30 we came back at around 15.45 and still no answer at the hotel and all the doors were still locked.
I ended up travelling another 45 mins to get a different accomodation that had a family room available for me, my daughter aged 4 with Diabetes and Coeliac and my 11 month old son were travelling with me, what kind of business does this!
Im disgusted, thank god for premier inns.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Stayed for a couple of nights with work. The new management had just arrived and gone to great lengths to smarten up the hotel. All the rooms has new bedding. The staff were really friendly and tried really hard to please.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Rip off merchant, Only took CASH no receipt. Only one cup in twin room, disgusting kettle.. Not enough plugs in bedroom. Room was not clean. Fire alarm went off 2 nights in a row. No continental breakfast to speak of, wafer thin ham still in supermarket wrapper same with cheese, no butter or spread. Totally not 'continental'. Would not encourge anyone to stay

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business