“Unfaultable!”
Review of The Chimneys Hotel

The Chimneys Hotel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hartlepool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

I have been here twice and would recommend..i am glad i didn't read trip advisor before hand..the first time i arrived it was undergoing a major face lift..and the second time was very comfortable n pleasant for me..nothing was a problem..breakfast was lovely but i may add i Will be stopping for a month and a half at the chimneys i must leave the full English breakfasts alone as my waistline Will vastly increase!! Well done n see u guys at the hotel soon ;-) x p.s also is a short drive down the coast road this is how i came about chimneys as it was full in the Douglas were i was a regular customer also!!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

I really like that Hotel. The Rooms are plesent and really clean. The Staff is friendly and welcoming. The Breakfast was delicius. Had a good night sleep and will recomend it to my Friends and Family.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 16 December 2012

this was a retun visit to see freinds in hartlepool. since our last stay in july the hotel has been much improved. the room was very good and spotless.we had to wait to be let in as as the other guests were out but the reception was very cordial.an excellent nights sleep and a very good breakfast.will stay here again

Room Tip: room 3 is excellent
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The Chimneys Hotel was ideally located for us to be near family when attending an auntie's funeral.
We arrived late evening and were greeted by the a manager Steve who was very pleasant and helpful.
We had two comfortable nights sleep in rooms that had recently been refurbished. Breakfast was more than adequate and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We would stay there again when next visiting family.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Family room excellent value. Slept four.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

First off, I have no commercial agenda or any reason to speak ill of this establishment - I was merely (and unfortunately) a paying guest here. What I can say is, with upmost confidence, this is the worst place (B&B or hotel) that I have ever stayed in.

Upon arrival, it became very apparent that the professional photos didn't accurately reflect the current condition of the place; located in a mostly boarded-up housing estate, The Chimneys Hotel looked ill-kept, tatty and pretty grotty. I actually had to double check that I was at the correct address as I couldn't quite believe it.

Trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, I entered the front door, only to be met with a horrendously stale and greasy smell - the reception was dim and again looked particularly grotty. As you'll see in my submitted photos, there were bags of rubbish in the hall which wasn't moved in the duration of our stay, and there were dead plants in the windowsills.

I'm sad to say that the room wasn't any better; in desperate need of a lick of paint, it obviously suffered with damp, it smelt stale and was dirty. Whilst, to their credit, the bedding was fresh and clean, the overall odour, lack of cleanliness in the room and 'toilet' (a converted dirty cupboard) was disgusting; the shower cubicle certainly needed a good scrub. The room looked out onto a social club, which was loud into the night - particularly intrusive as we often made eye contact with people stood in the street having a pint!

I regret leaving a negative review as the owner was genuine and polite, but I had to leave this as I feel standards at The Chimney are below basic expectations, the professional photos / website is misleading and I don't want others hoping for a clean, comfortable and relaxing stay to suffer the same fate.

If the above doesn't bother you and you just want a cheap place to crash - great, you've found it! However, if you're after a comfortable, clean and pleasant stay, I suggest one of the other places in the local area. Needless to say, I won't be returning...

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank SnappySnapsSJ
Chimshotel, Owner at The Chimneys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

the owner has took back hotel and has refurb 2013

Reviewed 16 July 2012

this was our first trip to hartlepool. we were visiting friends for the day.The hotel bar was good but the service was not.Nobody there half the time.The room was ok,small, but we were only there for one night.Comfortable nights sleep.Breakfast was average,nothing to write home about.Lynn, the manager was very helpful when she was there,which wasnt much.all in all it did what we wanted, a roof for the night.

Room Tip: ask for a front room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

Though the room was a bit basic, it was nice and clean, however adjoining rooms plumbing was a bit noisy , also having to pay cash was a pain, as they had no change.so had to walk to local shops to change a note. All said and done the staff were brill. Breakfast was good, if I am working on the area again I would stay £36 b&b was good value.

• Stayed: May 2012