“Good for a weekend away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hartlepool
Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts
“Good for a weekend away”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Booked this as an extra little getaway for my partners birthday. Never been to Park resorts before so didn't know what to expect. Book in was speedy and friendly. Caravan is absolutely excellent to say it's a Bronze, very big, very clean and well equipped. Entertainment venue is very nice but I was surprised at how small it is, it wasn't an issue for us as not too busy but I'd imagine in school holidays it would be difficult to find a table. Entertainment was good. Bar prices reasonable. Restaurant meal was delicious and very reasonably priced. Adventure playgrounds are good. Beach is nice and close but is unfortunately dotted with litter, I realise this isn't Park resorts fault but it is a shame as it's a beautiful beach otherwise. We were disappointed with the pool. No slides etc for the children and the depth is the same all the way across so our 6 year old who is too big to be carried but cannot yet swim wasn't tall enough to stand so got bored very quickly as he couldn't even play catch with a beach ball as couldn't stand. Also no lockers! All in all we had a good time for a weekend away however we found everything to be a bit on the small size in comparison to Haven/Pontins and found there wouldn't be enough to keep us entertained for a full week. We will be sticking with Haven for our main holidays but nonetheless we plan to return for another weekend at a park resorts. Thank you to the team for a lovely weekend :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicola C
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your first stay at a Park Resorts Park especially as a lovely treat for your partner. I am pleased that we met your expectations with the caravan. Our Entertainment Complex has been extended and refurbished over the closed season and it is nice to learn that you have enjoyed the improvements that have been made for our guests. I note your point regarding the size and so far we have found both rooms adequate for our guests. I will pass your comments onto the Complex Manager regarding the food and pleased you enjoyed it.

It is disappointing that there is litter on the local beach as it is such a lovely beach and I will pass on your comments to the local council in the hope that they will address this matter.

I am sorry that the swimming pool wasn’t what you expected, you are correct that we don’t have any slides in our pool and I do note your comments regarding this.

I am pleased that you would look to return to a Park Resorts park again in the future and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The caravan was the best we have ever had in all the parks we have stayed in,but a shame it had to be so far away from anything.

The staff behind the Bars were great. The food was of a very low standard and not cheap,every thing is Micro waved apart from what they call side salads.

We will be not going back to that site ever

I felt sorry for the kids playing the machines,if they started to win this lady would come up to them and tell them to go on to another machine ,then she would open the machine and push every thing back making it harder for the kids the next time.I would like to know how come she has keys to these machines and also the cleaner.You had 2 security men on ,you might has well had 1 has the women just propped her self against the wall and she must have learnt how to sleep with her eyes open ,she never moved once.

I cant understand why they put weekenders next to permanent site owners,we had a Mr Grumby next to us who told us to be quite and this was at 10pm,we had left the caravan door open has it was hot in the caravan when we got back from the club, but 1 hour later 2 other caravan owners came back shouting and swearing he was no where to be seen,all weekend they just sat behind their Net Curtains( What a Life) looking

Room Tip: Ask for Discovery 3 caravan it has to be the best on site
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park. This feedback is really helpful to us in order for us to improve our guest’s experience. Firstly, I am pleased that you stayed in the best caravan you have ever stayed in but quite a long way from our facilities. The area that you stayed in is usually a quiet area and enjoyed but a lot of our guests but it is a 5 minute walk to the facilities which I understand didn’t suit your family. We are a large holiday park so do have our holiday caravans on all areas of the park but all guests are able to request a certain location and whilst our location cannot be guaranteed we will always try to accommodate our guests. However, all of our caravans may be next to private owners as we do not have specific areas for our holiday caravans as we find them situated all over the park gives our guests a choice of areas.

I am pleased that you that you found the staff behind the bar to be friendly but sorry that you did not enjoy the food that we had on offer. I have passed your comment regarding the arcade onto the Complex Manager to ensure that the experience our guests have in the arcade is a good one. I am sorry that was not the case for your family. We do encourage all our guests to report any issues that may occur while on holiday to reception so we are able to rectify any problems immediately for you, so you are able to continue enjoying your stay.

I am sorry that you would not look to return to Crimdon Dene again in future but I do hope this does not deter you from visiting another Park Resorts Park which may suit your family needs better. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave a review here on trip advisor.
Peterlee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent only one night here on the touring pitch but we would definitely return for a longer stay.We were located close to the entertainment complex and there was a small shop and playground on site.Staff were all pleasant & friendly especially Gary the touring park warden who was extremely helpful.The only negative we have was that the toilets could be cleaner but Our two Grandsons thoroughly enjoyed it here and can't wait to come back.
Overall great value for money and will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent one night stay on our touring site. I am pleased that you will be looking to return for a longer stay but I am sorry if you did not find the toilets upto the required standard and I will certainly this feedback to Gary our touring warden. I am however happy that you found Gary to be extremely helpful.

We look forward to you returning with your grandsons later in the season and further reviewing your stay where I do hope that all the facilities meet with your expectations.
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing what's happened over the winter
Bigger complex
Door staff checking passes
No children running riot
More organisation
And the food and beer has improved ten fold
Let's just hope this Carey's on through the season ;)
My kids are even watching the entertainment in the show bar now because last year we could never get a seat ! Well done crimdon dene

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Karlnotveryhappy
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw regardding your stay here at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park.

I was so pleased to read your review regarding your recent stay at Crimdon as a returning guest who has reviewed previous visit I am so pleased that you have enjoyed the improvements we have made over the closed season. We are extremely pleased with the extension/refurbishment of the Entertainment Complex so it is great to learn that our returning guests are enjoying the improvements, that you children are watching the entertainment and I will certainly pass on your comments regarding your comments on the improvement of the food and the drinks that we are serving.

I am confident with the team in place that it will continue through the whole season and I look forward to welcoming you back and seeing you further reviewing your stay.
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

just got back from a very quick 4 days 5th may - 9th may exerlent caravan spotless inside very comfey can you pass on my thanks to a great entertainment team aimie les Hayley Jorden and kyle well done not many people in but you kept the show going can I pass on a special thanks to martin the singing barman your wasted has barman mate what a show you put on .on Thursday night enjoyed it hope to be back in October time .a realy good time was had by me and my family just to quick lol thank you

2 Thank Gary G
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Crimdon Dene. I am sure other guests will find your reviews very useful when you yourself have returned for a second time.

I will pass on your comments to Hayley regarding her team and I am pleased you enjoyed the new entertainment that we have to offer. I will also pass on your comments to Martyn who does as you say have a lovely voice and a true asset to the park. I am pleased you enjoyed the cabaret that he put on for you.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and we look forward to welcoming you back in October and further reviewing your stay.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have recently just getting back from crimdon dene yesterday and we loved every single minute of it. The team stars Aimee, Hayley, Les, Jordan and Kyle and not forgetting Sparky, Sparkle and Naarky, they were all absolutley fantastic, they couldnt have treat us or our children any nicer and they are fabulous entertainers. The Caravan was beautiful so clean and spacious and close to all of the facilities. There was 5 adults and 4 children in 2 caravans and none of us wanted to leave at the end of the week. There was alot of tears from the children at home time. We cant wait to book up our next visit to Crimdon Dene and we are even thinking of coming back agen this year!! Thank you for a wonderful holiday x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thnak you for leaving a review regarding your stay here at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park.

It was nice to read your review that you didn’t want to leave and you loved every single minute. I will pass your comments onto Hayley and her team and I am pleased that you loved the entertainment. I will pass your positive comments regarding your caravan onto our Accommodation Manager and I am pleased it meet your expectations.

It is great to read that you are looking at returning again this season and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back and further reviewing your stay.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have just got back from out stay at Crimdon, and I'm compelled to write a review.
We wanted to book our first outing this year in our tourer, somewhere not to far from home to make sure everything was fine after winter storage, so we booked 9 nights at Crimdon.
However I looked on trip advisor after booking and found some quite unsavoury comments and feedback, so we were a bit apprehensive especially having booked for 9 nights. But we thought we would give it a go and find out for ourselves.
And can I say I'm really glad we did.
We were met by Gary the man who looks after the tourers, a true gent, sorted us out with a pitch to our liking and helped us site our van, ( couldn't have been more helpful and cheery ) . The first night we thought we wouldn't cook so went over to the clubhouse for food, great choice of food and very reasonable meal deal offers, and we had a few quite drinks in the bar. Must say the girl in the bar was very nice, cheerful and helpful.
The next day we went into Hartlepool, loads of shops and a large retail park with all the major supermarkets only 2-3 miles away. That night we went to the club house, to the Big room, and the entertainment was great, the drinks are a little dear but you expect that a a holiday resort. My only grip was the wife only drinks Malibu and coke, and likes the glass full to the top with coke, when I asked to have it filled to the top I was charged a further 75p (1.50 for 2 dashes of mixer...hmmm) which I thought was a little OTT. However that was my only grip an a great holiday.
We were joined on the second day by my daughter who brought our little niece, and she absolutely loved it, especially the entertainment, we could not get her to stop dancing. The band that was on that night was great " Ultra 90's"

The next night was Razy from Britain's got talent.

We had some lovely walks along the seafront, as well as a few trips into Hartlepool and the Hartlepool historic quay (well worth a visit ), Teesside retail park was only 10 miles away.

We loved it so much, that on our last day we asked If we could stay another night.

On summary....don't take notice of the bad reviews, great place, very friendly and helpful staff, ideal location. Entertainment for everyone.

We will be back...many thanks

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shaunarontis
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on our touring site as I know such a compressive review will be helpful to our guests. Firstly, I am pleased that although you had your concerns after reading trip advisor you still gave us the opportunity but continuing to book your holiday with us.

I will pass your positive comments onto Gary our touring warden who we are extremely pleased with the positive feedback he receives from our touring guests regarding not only his helpfulness but also how cheerful he is.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant and found the food that we had on offer good value for money. It is nice that you was able to experience our entertainment and enjoyed what we had for both yourself and your family.

There are some lovely walks near to the park and it is great to explore the local area.

I do hope that you will return again in the near future and take the time to further review your stay as we greatly appreciate your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartlepool
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
Norton Hotel
Norton Hotel
#9 of 9 in Hartlepool
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County

Been to Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!