“Second visit, big improvements”

Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Ideally situated camp just outside Hartlepool and great as a base for exploring Northumberland. The camp has been through a facelift since our last visit. The Showbar has been enlarged and improved. We stayed in a "silver" caravan which would have comfortably slept eight. Double glazed and centrally heated and far enough away from the railway line for it not to be a problem. Check in was straight forward, although we reported a faulty bathroom light on the Tuesday morning and it had still not been fixed by the time we left on Friday. The bar staff were excellent and the meals were fair. The small camp shop stocks a good range of necessities and the staff were very polite and helpful. One disappointing change the steps down the cliff were no longer in use meaning a long walk to get down to the beach. There is a lack of hard standing parking near the caravans and this could pose problems in wet weather as many people were parking on muddy spaces. We will no doubt be back next time we holiday in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marvinandroid
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park.

As a returning guest I am pleased to learn that you have really enjoyed the improvements that have been made to our Entertainment Complex. I am glad that the caravan meet with your expectations but sorry that we did not replace the light bulb that you requested and I will pass your feedback onto our Reception Team. I note your comments regarding the parking, unfortunately not all our caravans do benefit from a driveway.

We look forward to seeing you return to the park when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We have just returned for 3 nights at crimdon dene. It has just had a massive refurbishment and it looks fabulous. Lovely pool area, the kids can book on jets and water walkers at different times during the day for £3.

the show bar and night entertainment is fab. The prices at the bar were ok, £10 bottle of wine, £12 for a jug of lager. The had meal deals in the restaurant ie family of 4 eat and drink for £30. The kids have two parks to play on and an all weather court.

The kids entertainment during the day was aimed at the under 5's which was a let down for us as my children are 8&9.

You can take steps down to crimdon beach and the views are spectacular

The caravan was really nice and if you look for a discount code before booking you can save 30%. We paid £84 for a gold caravan.

There is a nisa shop on site that is reasonably priced too.

When booking make a special request to be away from the train line/tracks as freight trains run from 6am every morning and all day and they are noisy

Overall, 5* and already booked 7 nights for Easter 2015 as it's so cheap (with a discount code)

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Reilly-Family3

Thank you to the Reilly family for taking the time to place such a detailed review that I know will be helpful to other travellers. It is lovely to read that you have really enjoyed the improvements that have been made to our Entertainment Complex and enjoyed some of the activities in the swimming pool. I am sorry to learn that our daytime entertainment did not suit your age of children but do hope that did not take any of the enjoyment away.

We are very fortunate that we do have speculator views and the beach as you state is lovely.

We look forward to welcoming you back for Easter 2015 and hope that you may decide to return later in this season.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Booked this as an extra little getaway for my partners birthday. Never been to Park resorts before so didn't know what to expect. Book in was speedy and friendly. Caravan is absolutely excellent to say it's a Bronze, very big, very clean and well equipped. Entertainment venue is very nice but I was surprised at how small it is, it wasn't an issue for us as not too busy but I'd imagine in school holidays it would be difficult to find a table. Entertainment was good. Bar prices reasonable. Restaurant meal was delicious and very reasonably priced. Adventure playgrounds are good. Beach is nice and close but is unfortunately dotted with litter, I realise this isn't Park resorts fault but it is a shame as it's a beautiful beach otherwise. We were disappointed with the pool. No slides etc for the children and the depth is the same all the way across so our 6 year old who is too big to be carried but cannot yet swim wasn't tall enough to stand so got bored very quickly as he couldn't even play catch with a beach ball as couldn't stand. Also no lockers! All in all we had a good time for a weekend away however we found everything to be a bit on the small size in comparison to Haven/Pontins and found there wouldn't be enough to keep us entertained for a full week. We will be sticking with Haven for our main holidays but nonetheless we plan to return for another weekend at a park resorts. Thank you to the team for a lovely weekend :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicola C
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your first stay at a Park Resorts Park especially as a lovely treat for your partner. I am pleased that we met your expectations with the caravan. Our Entertainment Complex has been extended and refurbished over the closed season and it is nice to learn that you have enjoyed the improvements that have been made for our guests. I note your point regarding the size and so far we have found both rooms adequate for our guests. I will pass your comments onto the Complex Manager regarding the food and pleased you enjoyed it.

It is disappointing that there is litter on the local beach as it is such a lovely beach and I will pass on your comments to the local council in the hope that they will address this matter.

I am sorry that the swimming pool wasn’t what you expected, you are correct that we don’t have any slides in our pool and I do note your comments regarding this.

I am pleased that you would look to return to a Park Resorts park again in the future and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The caravan was the best we have ever had in all the parks we have stayed in,but a shame it had to be so far away from anything.

The staff behind the Bars were great. The food was of a very low standard and not cheap,every thing is Micro waved apart from what they call side salads.

We will be not going back to that site ever

I felt sorry for the kids playing the machines,if they started to win this lady would come up to them and tell them to go on to another machine ,then she would open the machine and push every thing back making it harder for the kids the next time.I would like to know how come she has keys to these machines and also the cleaner.You had 2 security men on ,you might has well had 1 has the women just propped her self against the wall and she must have learnt how to sleep with her eyes open ,she never moved once.

I cant understand why they put weekenders next to permanent site owners,we had a Mr Grumby next to us who told us to be quite and this was at 10pm,we had left the caravan door open has it was hot in the caravan when we got back from the club, but 1 hour later 2 other caravan owners came back shouting and swearing he was no where to be seen,all weekend they just sat behind their Net Curtains( What a Life) looking

Room Tip: Ask for Discovery 3 caravan it has to be the best on site
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park. This feedback is really helpful to us in order for us to improve our guest’s experience. Firstly, I am pleased that you stayed in the best caravan you have ever stayed in but quite a long way from our facilities. The area that you stayed in is usually a quiet area and enjoyed but a lot of our guests but it is a 5 minute walk to the facilities which I understand didn’t suit your family. We are a large holiday park so do have our holiday caravans on all areas of the park but all guests are able to request a certain location and whilst our location cannot be guaranteed we will always try to accommodate our guests. However, all of our caravans may be next to private owners as we do not have specific areas for our holiday caravans as we find them situated all over the park gives our guests a choice of areas.

I am pleased that you that you found the staff behind the bar to be friendly but sorry that you did not enjoy the food that we had on offer. I have passed your comment regarding the arcade onto the Complex Manager to ensure that the experience our guests have in the arcade is a good one. I am sorry that was not the case for your family. We do encourage all our guests to report any issues that may occur while on holiday to reception so we are able to rectify any problems immediately for you, so you are able to continue enjoying your stay.

I am sorry that you would not look to return to Crimdon Dene again in future but I do hope this does not deter you from visiting another Park Resorts Park which may suit your family needs better. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave a review here on trip advisor.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent only one night here on the touring pitch but we would definitely return for a longer stay.We were located close to the entertainment complex and there was a small shop and playground on site.Staff were all pleasant & friendly especially Gary the touring park warden who was extremely helpful.The only negative we have was that the toilets could be cleaner but Our two Grandsons thoroughly enjoyed it here and can't wait to come back.
Overall great value for money and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent one night stay on our touring site. I am pleased that you will be looking to return for a longer stay but I am sorry if you did not find the toilets upto the required standard and I will certainly this feedback to Gary our touring warden. I am however happy that you found Gary to be extremely helpful.

We look forward to you returning with your grandsons later in the season and further reviewing your stay where I do hope that all the facilities meet with your expectations.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing what's happened over the winter
Bigger complex
Door staff checking passes
No children running riot
More organisation
And the food and beer has improved ten fold
Let's just hope this Carey's on through the season ;)
My kids are even watching the entertainment in the show bar now because last year we could never get a seat ! Well done crimdon dene

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Karlnotveryhappy

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw regardding your stay here at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park.

I was so pleased to read your review regarding your recent stay at Crimdon as a returning guest who has reviewed previous visit I am so pleased that you have enjoyed the improvements we have made over the closed season. We are extremely pleased with the extension/refurbishment of the Entertainment Complex so it is great to learn that our returning guests are enjoying the improvements, that you children are watching the entertainment and I will certainly pass on your comments regarding your comments on the improvement of the food and the drinks that we are serving.

I am confident with the team in place that it will continue through the whole season and I look forward to welcoming you back and seeing you further reviewing your stay.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

just got back from a very quick 4 days 5th may - 9th may exerlent caravan spotless inside very comfey can you pass on my thanks to a great entertainment team aimie les Hayley Jorden and kyle well done not many people in but you kept the show going can I pass on a special thanks to martin the singing barman your wasted has barman mate what a show you put on .on Thursday night enjoyed it hope to be back in October time .a realy good time was had by me and my family just to quick lol thank you

2  Thank Gary G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Crimdon Dene. I am sure other guests will find your reviews very useful when you yourself have returned for a second time.

I will pass on your comments to Hayley regarding her team and I am pleased you enjoyed the new entertainment that we have to offer. I will also pass on your comments to Martyn who does as you say have a lovely voice and a true asset to the park. I am pleased you enjoyed the cabaret that he put on for you.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and we look forward to welcoming you back in October and further reviewing your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartlepool
Travelodge Hartlepool Marina Hotel
#4 of 9 in Hartlepool
Metro Inns Teesside
Metro Inns Teesside
#8 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees

Been to Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!