“FANTASTIC for children's parties!”

The Place in the Park Limited
Ranked #141 of 214 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Description: We offer a welcoming atmophere for customers of all ages. The Place in the Park is set within the ground of Ward Jackson Park -Hartlepool's Premier Historic Public Park. We are open throughout the year 10am - 6pm and only close on Christmas Day. We offer a wide selection of light snacks and meals. Why not treat yourself to one of our famous Afternoon Teas.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC for children's parties!”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Lovely little cafe, although slightly pricey it is the only place for miles in the area which offers good food, freshly made in side a lovely park so I think the prices reflect this.
Its a fabulous venue for a kids party as there is a private room out the back with an open garden too. Much much cheaper than other places in the area for party venues. They can offer food included or you can do your own!

Visited April 2012
4 Thank DeniseGBr

Hartlepool
“Could be lovely, but few annoying points”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Took my 2 year old to the lovely ward jackson park, decided to have a cup of tea. The place looked closed but then someone came out of the door. The menu was a little confusing, it costs £1.30 for mug tea to sit in and £1.50 to take out, this was true for most of the menu, I thought it cost more to sit in as you paid VAT indoors? I did wonder if it was an error as was spelling mistakes on the menu (galsses for glasses etc). We had a tea (£1.30) a cookie (80p on jar) Just Juice carton (£1) and some duck food (£1 thought over the top other parks 50p and this was small bag but the ducks enjoyed it!). Was charged £5 so was over charged by 90p but didn't think about it till now! I thought a lot of it was overpriced without this.

I feel I am being picky but for a fiver for a quick snack stop I should be able to be, my tea arrived black with the teabag removed so I could not decide how strong I had it. I did like being able to have fresh milk and was able to help myself.

Based on this experience I don't think I would go back to eat as it was a bit pricey, but would go for a cuppa.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lindsaye
“Tea for Two”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Afternoon tea was a nice treat lovely staff pleasant surroundings what more can you want for a afternoon treat .

• Visited May 2012
Hartlepool
“Little hideaway”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is a nice little bolt hole to enjoy the veiws

Visited May 2012
“on a walk”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Good value when out for a walk in the park but the prices have risen for events hld there