“Afternoon tea”

Ranked #138 of 223 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Description: We offer a welcoming atmophere for customers of all ages. The Place in the Park is set within the ground of Ward Jackson Park -Hartlepool's Premier Historic Public Park. We are open throughout the year 10am - 6pm and only close on Christmas Day. We offer a wide selection of light snacks and meals. Why not treat yourself to one of our famous Afternoon Teas.
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This cafe is situated in our local park, we didn't need to book, the food was freshly prepared, delicious and stylishly served on tiered cake stands but what really set this apart was the service, nothing was a trouble and even though we only numbered two they let us sit in the private alcove. Marie and Emily thank you.

1  Thank Pat H

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This little restaurant is the only cafe in this part of town and is next to a kiddies playground within a great park. There is custom from dog walkers, bike riders and mums with children...I think it represents good value given other locations in the town. Everything is freshly made and the service, with an exception, is always very good. It's a great location to bring my aged mother as there is disabled parking just outside. She likes it a lot...however, there are no external views and it can be a little cold. Outside seating in the summer is fantastic...they should add some more.

1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

I went here for afternoon tea for a family birthday which was held in the private room. It is quite small although it is perfect for a small private get together. The food was served buffet style. There were a selection of sandwiches, quiche, corned beef slice, salad, boiled potatoes and the most beautiful coleslaw. Then onto dessert which was scone with cream and assorted homemade cakes like cheesecake, banoffee pie etc. Refreshments were unlimited tea and coffee. All in all it was all very tasty, so much so we got a cheesecake and ginger cake made for our xmas dinner which was beautiful.

2  Thank the2wakeys
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Lovely little cafe, although slightly pricey it is the only place for miles in the area which offers good food, freshly made in side a lovely park so I think the prices reflect this.
Its a fabulous venue for a kids party as there is a private room out the back with an open garden too. Much much cheaper than other places in the area for party venues. They can offer food included or you can do your own!

4  Thank DeniseGBr
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Took my 2 year old to the lovely ward jackson park, decided to have a cup of tea. The place looked closed but then someone came out of the door. The menu was a little confusing, it costs £1.30 for mug tea to sit in and £1.50 to take out, this was true for most of the menu, I thought it cost more to sit in as you paid VAT indoors? I did wonder if it was an error as was spelling mistakes on the menu (galsses for glasses etc). We had a tea (£1.30) a cookie (80p on jar) Just Juice carton (£1) and some duck food (£1 thought over the top other parks 50p and this was small bag but the ducks enjoyed it!). Was charged £5 so was over charged by 90p but didn't think about it till now! I thought a lot of it was overpriced without this.

I feel I am being picky but for a fiver for a quick snack stop I should be able to be, my tea arrived black with the teabag removed so I could not decide how strong I had it. I did like being able to have fresh milk and was able to help myself.

Based on this experience I don't think I would go back to eat as it was a bit pricey, but would go for a cuppa.

1  Thank Lindsaye