“Really worth a visit, oustanding value!”

The Flagship Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 224 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A group of us visited this restaurant on Friday 6th June and I was really pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and just incredible value. I just don't know how they can produce the standard of food we had for the price we paid. €14.95 for 3 delicious courses, each one an absolute treat.

1  Thank RCGale

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Myself and my husband visited on a Friday night and what a lovely meal we had and at £49 for 3 courses,bottle of wine,bottle of peroni and 2 coffees this is exceptional value for money. Excellent service without going over the top. The food was fabulous we tried chicken satay and crab for starters both beautiful and full of flavour the same goes for the mains hubby had stuffed pork which was tender and stuffed full of flavour. I had the beef with risotto patties the beef just fell to bits and the risotto patties were unusual but complimented the dish perfectly and I would deffo have them again,dessert was iced coffee parfait with cinnamon doughnuts and I had pineapple tart tatin and wow both really did surpass our expectations. We will certainly recommend and visit here again soon.

2  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Visited with friends early on a Friday evening. Was relatively quiet but a nice atmosphere. Nice staff, not intrusive. Not a huge menu which should mean that the food is cooked freshly and it was. No problem recommending this place to friends.

1  Thank chippy1951
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I did not expect to be wowed by this restaurant, don't get me wrong it had a couple of faults which I will go on to but they were minor and not enough to spoil a fantastic experience.
Having been to all Hartlepool has to offer I would recommend this as the best restaurant in Hartlepool.

The choice is limited (however changed regularly with the addition of weekly specials) but that is the beauty of it, it means all that they do is done to such a high level. I had Whitby crab with a mango Salsa and the most tastiest square of jelly, so unusual but so right. Then I had the blackened Pollock with a mix of peppers in a mildly curried cream with saffron rice.....yum yum...I added a small amount of salt but better that than too much salt. The better half had a very substantial chicken terrine with a salad of pickled mixed vegetables then a lovely perfectly cooked steak. However by far the winner was my daughter who off the child's menu had a very large portion of wedges (homemade) with homemade garlic dip and then a grilled chicken breast with gravy, mash and veg but blimey a grown adult would be more than happy with the portion, in fact we both had to help her out. The desserts are generous also, so be prepared for moving a couple of notches on your belt. The wine selection is excellent and the staff are helpful without being intrusive.

The only downsides are, lack of atmosphere, but the place had very few diners and the second is location....because it is part of the college you don't really know it's there, which probably is the reason for the lack of guests.

All in all a marvellous meal and we will be regulars from now on.

2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This restaurant exceeded all our expectations on quality of ingredients, menu choices, presentation, service and wine selection. Every box was happily ticked and then you come to the prices and they are excellent value.
Have been living overseas and 'down south' for the past 30 odd years and visiting regularly, it is an absolute pleasure to see this venue in the town and wish them a long and profitable time trading here. Crab starter, goats cheese and pear salad, steak just how you like it, crispy seabream with spicy stir-fry, baked cheesecake and hot chocolate desert hmmmmm loved every bit of it! Thanks Flagship Staff - you're doing a great job!

1  Thank GappyUK