“Very good location for the Marina”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Hartlepool Marina Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hartlepool
north shields
“Very good location for the Marina”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at the Travelodge Hartlepool Marina for two nights for the purposes of attending a friend's wedding. When we arrived the Receptionist was very friendly. The reception area is very basic with just one desk holding leaflets regarding breakfast options and a display stand for local information leaflets. However, what else do you really need from a reception? We were advised that as this is a new hotel they have not yet completed the breakfast room but that we could purchase a breakfast bag option. We chose to decline this offer as there was a KFC next door to the hotel as well as a Brewyers Fayre pub a 2 minute walk away.

Our hotel room was very clean and tidy and had all of the usual travelodge tea/coffee making facilities. There was plenty of room for both myself, my Husband and our 4 year old Son to move around without having to squeeze past each other. The room also had a view over the marina which my son enjoyed as he could sit on the (very large) window sill and watch the boats that were currently docked.

The location was extremely handy for the wedding venue which was the Marina, as this is less than a minute's walk from the hotel, passed the Bingo Hall.

I had noted that other reviews had complained about the noise levels during the night but this was not something that we had experienced. The hotel is also located about a 10 minute walk from the main centre but just far enough away to avoid the noises from the centre.

One negative that I would point out is the car park becomes very messy from people who have visited the KFC, used the Travelodge car park and not placed their rubbish in the bins. Having worked at a Travelodge for a brief period of time as Night Receptionist I was surprised that the cleaning of the carpark was not part of the night staff duties as it had been during my brief employment with them.

All in all, the hotel was very nice with the staff being very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the Marina side as the other side of the hotel looks over the railway line...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sharonborland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for one night in July. The reason for our stay was to attend a funeral the following day.
On arrival there was no-one manning the so called reception. We rang the bell as instructed and we waited. No response ! A member of staff who appeared to be on her way home rang the bell again. Still no response ! She then disappeared and came back with a staff member who gave us our instructions as to what was what. Our room was small but spotlessly clean so all good in that direction. Unfortunately our room overlooked the railway line - not good for noise. As we were there for only one night we didn't bother asking to be moved. What amazed us was there was nothing else there. No restaurant, no bar. You could order breakfast in a box if you wanted. No thank you ! I guess one must remember this is not a Hotel just a Travel Lodge. The thing is this weekend we stayed in a Premier Inn in the South. No comparison. Much larger room, 24 hour reception. This was at a charge of £10 per room cheaper than the TL. Breakfast available in the restaurant in the adjoining pub. A full English and waitress service an additional £8.75 each. Perfect.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the front as the back overlooks a railway line.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tripper071
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

what a lovley hotel and staff. made the stay enjoyable would recommened the travelodge.
First time on the north coast hartlepool, plesant town in need of upgrade, but the hotel was exellent value for money. staff are probably some of the best hotel staff I have come across

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Mick B
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here one night only, nice welcome, great room overlooking the marina, about ten minute walk away where there is lots to see, bars, restaurants etc (recommend the Tapas bar - brilliant - Clean bright room think newly refurbished, or even just new!, comfy bed, good nights sleep, apart from the seagulls, left window open as hot night. Great value, would stay again

Room Tip: 4th flloor, at front overlooking marina
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Quite a few of us stayed at the Travelodge after my daughter's wedding, room and service fine. We got up on the morning and washed and straightened my hair, leaving my GHDs to cool on the top of the cabinet. Later we left rushing to join the others for breakfast leaving my straighteners in the room. When I got home I rang immediately to say that I had left them, they said they would look in the room and ring be back. About 4 hours later, my daughter said she would call in and ask about them as she lives in Hartlepool. She rang me to say that they had contacted me already and said they weren't there. This annoyed me as not only had they lied saying they had rang me but also I know I left my straighteners in the room. I contacted them again via email to inform them that they were left on the shelf. 3 days later they sent an email saying they had not been found and would not accept liability. This has infuriated me as my husband and daughter saw them on the top of the cabinet to cool. How could they not be there? they are the only ones with keys! I don't believe they would send someone else in our room without cleaning it first! So be warned! especially if you have GHDs which cost me £140 don't think just because you forgot something in your room you will get it back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Wendy H
Newcastle
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a night with my partner on or way back home. When I pulled up I was so shocked it looked like a building site in the middle of a field. Once in the women on reception was lovely the rooms were small but basic and very clean shower was great only basic tv channels. There's lots of shops and places to eat and drink I went to the Indians and it was lovely great service but it did seem like every body was quizzing there bills I think mine wasn't to bad. Lots of places to have a drink inside or out. It was a very quit place the only thing that spoilt it was the noise from the trains and it was 2 hot throw the night.

• Stayed July 2014
bielefeld
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very nice accommodation and very cheap for what you get. There was no restaurant on site which meant we had a choice of a breakfast box or to go off site, we chose to go off site for something more substantial. Accommodation was nice and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family