“Anniversary meal”

Ranked #6 of 218 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2013

brilliant we were met at the door by the Maitre de and escorted to our secluded candlelit table. For our Main meal I had chicken stuffed with crab and prawns in a cream sauce with mussels my husband had a large steak with onoin rings done in a tempura batter and peppercorn sauce on side plates was chips a mixed salad in dressing, for me a mustard mash, broccoli, cabbage and turnip. After all had settled we decided to treat ourseves to a sweet my husband had warm dark chocolate fudge in cream sauce which oozed dark chocolate, I had a cheese cake with strawberries raspberries billberries and cream. What a memorable 49th Anniversary meal Thank you to Lee Pennick and all at Rushkins who went out off there way for us.

There are newer reviews for Ruskins Bistro

Reviewed 6 June 2013

It was our 49th wedding Anniversay so we were looking forward to our special day. We were met at the door by the Maitre de and escorted to our table nothing was to much trouble, the mood was set with soft candlelight everything was beautiful I knew I wouldn't be able to eat a starter but warm bread rolls and butter were put out for our main meal I had chicken stuffed with crab and pawns in a cream sauce with mussels, my husband had a large steak with battered onion rings and a peppered sauce we had side turrens of a mixed salad done in a beautiful dressing chips for my husband a mustard mash with broccoli, cabbage and turnip everything was done to perfection. We both thought we couldn't eat anymore but after pleasant conversation and our main meal had settled we decided to be naughty and go for a sweet we called for the maitre de who was unobtrusively in the background and my husband decided on a warm dark chocolate fudge pudding with cream and oozing dark chocolate I thought something lighter and went for a cheesecake with srawberries raspberries bilberries and cream. Thank you Lee Pennick and all at the Douglas Hotel who made our night so memorable.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

After reading reviews decided to try it ourselves. We went for a evening meal and have to agree with previous reviews the meal was excellent and staff very friendly. The meal quality was very good using locally sourced ingredients. The quantities were large. I had the mussels for starters and they were large and succulent. I followed this with the Mix Grill which was fantastic. There must of been at lease 5 different meats on the plate. Unfortunately I had lunch earlier in the day and was unable to finish the Mix Grill. I was slightly disappointed with the choice of bottles of white wine on offer as there was only two to choose from but I will definitely be booking again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

My sister was visiting and we decided to go out with the family for Sunday lunch. Couldnt decide where to go so looked on Trip Advisor and Ruskins came out with the best reviews so that was our decision made, and thank goodness we looked. I can honestly say it was the best sunday lunch I have ever had. My parents in their 80s came too and opted for the smaller portion of lunch, which to be honest was huge.I am very fussy about my veg and cant bear them over-cooked but it was all cooked to perfection with so much to choose from. Our plates were piled so high as we obviously had to try everything !!. It is my dads 82nd birthday this week and he wants to go back as he enjoyed it so much....one tip...dont have breakfast on the morning before you go as you wont be able to eat it all, cant wait

1  Thank alison6691
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Wow the Sunday Carvery was out of this world five different meats to choose from over a dozen different vegetables all the trimmings and home made gravy, the best Carvery I have had in years, the staff are really friendly and will do anything to help you out. I had my nine month granddaughter with me and we needed a nappy change however they don't have changing facilities but they allowed me to use a private room so no complaints there as they found a solution all I could say is they could do with finding a room for baby changing so it was there to use as and when xx we will definitely be going back xx .