“Ruskins Hartlepool”
Review of Ruskins Bistro

Ruskins Bistro
Ranked #7 of 202 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
hartlepool
“Ruskins Hartlepool”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We visited the Douglas Hotel carvery for Sunday lunch two weeks ago for a birthday treat.We enjoyed our meal very much, the beef was lovely, just like mothers roast beef of years ago used to taste, other meats equally as nice, my only comment being on a late sitting the carvery table was quite messy with spilled gravy and veg where you put your plate down. I suggest a wipe down now and then, apart from that 10 out of 10 for food and service. Looking forward to tomorrows Sunday lunch with my family.Derek S Brown

• Visited September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
“Best Sunday lunch ever!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

First time I visited today with my boyfriend, but will definitely be back again!!
We hadn't booked but the staff were more than happy to find us a table. We both had a bit of every meat which were all cooked to perfection, vegetables and gravy were delicious and the man serving the carvery even gave me an extra home made Yorkshire pudding!! :)
All of the staff were lovely and it's by far the best Sunday lunch either of us have ever had. Thank-you x

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Sunday carvery”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

After a bit of a journey around town looking for a sunday roast I stopped at the Douglas hotel after seeing their sign a few days ago. Now I'm from the town and to be honest have never really rated the towns eateries very highly...
This changed today with my first (and certainly not last) visit to Ruskins bistro on the ground floor of the Douglas hotel.
We arrived just after 12:15 and were served at the bar very quickly (Staff did advise that bookings for SAT/SUN carvery were advisable to avoid disapointment, and trust me if you miss the food here you WILL be disapointed)
The carvery was delicious (especially the mashed potato which was amazing) and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
as we were leaving it was starting to get very busy so i would certainly suggest booking your place before you arrive.
The price was probably a little higher than our normal haunts but the quality of the food is well worth that little extra.
Sunday washing up? No thanks..
Sunday at Ruskins is the way forward for me from now on.

Ill be looking at going there midweek also to try the non carvery menu.

2 Thank Jason D
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“65th Birthday meal”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is the first review I have ever put on the site but I was so impressed with the meal and service I thought I'd take the time to pass comment.
Arranged the booking for my Mam's 65th birthday. It was a party of 16 people and everyone was blown away by the quality of the food. Out of all the places we have tried this comes out top and we will definitely be back again.
Thank you for helping make it a memorable evening.
Gary Byrne & family :)

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Having nothing special planned we decided to go out for a meal!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

A Impromptu meal, we were lucky to get a booking in Rushkins Restaurant. No a la carte menu tonight we thought, so we picked our menu off the (we thought) basic list, choosing a main meal and dessert. My husband had belly pork on mashed potato with chips and a salad, my chicken strips came sizzling in on a platter which included onions and mushrooms in a oyster sauce, on the side was a jacket potato and vegetables, mushrooms and onions are a marriage made in heaven but add sizzling strips of chicken covered in sauce, well my husband had to have a taste of mine, I love good food and every mouthful was such a pleasure. Then came the dessert we both had Black Forest Gateau with cream, it also had dark chocolate oozing, bilberries, raspberries and a strawberry. Beautiful, thanks chefs, thanks also to Mandy who kept making sure everything was to our satisfaction and thanks Lee Pennick for such a unforgetable meal. He makes it so hard for me to find anything to criticize.