“Chance evening”

Ranked #4 of 218 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just by chance decided to call in on a Thursday evening, what a pleasant suprise, made to feel totally at ease from the moment we entered the restaurant, the staff made us feel like we were family rather than guests/customers, you were made to feel like you were the most important person in the restaurant, it was also a young lady`s birthday, so quite rightly the waiter ensured that she felt like the most important person in the building at that moment by having all present give a superb rendition of Happy Birthday, quite honestly, it just made the evening, brilliant.

1  Thank Sergei O
There are newer reviews for Sambuca

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Took the family [10 of us] here for a birthday meal mid week - we had booked, good job, as absolutely packed for a Wednesday evening - but service was very good even considering this. Young waiter kept the young children in our party laughing. Mix up with side orders [my fault] but was still served with my extra order - no delay, and waiter insisted that it was his fault [it deffo was not]. Food was delicious, could not fault it. So filling. Cant wait to go back and try 3 course lunch for £3.95 and 3 course Sunday lunch for £6.95

2  Thank ClevelandSunfan
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It is an afforable place, however Im not too happy with either the quality of the food nor the services provided by the staff. The waiters didn't collect the empty plates, leaving no space for the main course, "dropping" it and almost pushing the empty plates off the table. I had to move them myself onto another table which was very close. Thats another problem I encountered, when it is busy it feels like the other guests sit on top of your head. It is a very loud place. The staff focus mainly and only on the table with most of the guests, ignoring other tables, disturbing, whistling and singing.. Not a place you should visit if you want to enjoy your meal in peace. Not a place I or my friend will visit again.

6  Thank XV1984
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My loving son took me here yesterday ( Friday )n for a surprise eat. The place was one of the most vibrant i have ever been in.Awesome. Very good service, We had fillet and a side of king prawns.Enough food to kill a cat !! I cannot praise this venue high enough. Try it !!

2  Thank Mitchsan
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Wow, could not believe how busy this place was on Friday. We where seated within ten minutes of arrival and food orders taken 10 min later. Judging on how busy it was I thought a 45 min wait was ahead, how wrong. Steak arrived ten minutes later perfectly cooked medium rare with mega chips and good veg. Will definately return again.

2  Thank wilfy1975