“birthday treat”

Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hartlepool
Reviewed 10 March 2014

bought a groupon voucher for 2 nights bed and breakfast we upgraded to a room at the front overlooking the garden which for £10 per night was very good. The breakfast was excellant and very accommadating. the bedrooms are a little dated but lovely and clean. the staff are excellant and the owner should be proud of them.

Room Tip: rooms at the front are excellant we were in room 14
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I purchased a voucher through Living Social for Traditional Carvery Lunch with
Coffee. From out drive up to the hotel we were really pleased with the appearance from the outside and equally as impressed with the dining room/restaurant.
The food was delicious - all really fresh and the meat was cooked to perfection - and the service/staff were excellent and friendly too.
Definitely will return in the near future and take some of the family with us.

Room Tip: We did not actually stay at the hotel therefore cannot comment
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed for just 1 night and didn't eat here as the menu didn't have anything i fancied. The room was tired but fine. My husband didn't sleep well as he heard a constant dripping all night which drove him mad. We were in room 5 which had a terrible view over a roof and some cars but as it was dark we closed the curtains. The breakfast was exceptionally good and the bacon and sausage were delicious. You put in your own order, my husband likes cheese on toast and bacon and he got 2 slices of toast and bacon, he was delighted as not all hotels will do it. Well pleased. The coffee was also very good and not too strong. The staff were really friendly and we would return. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

A friend booked me the carvery lunch as a treat & it was amazing, the food was delicious all fresh & plenty of it. Desserts were fantastic too. The staff as well as the food made our day that day - they were super friendly & funny. We enjoyed it so much I have booked to go back with my fellas Mam & Nan for lunch. The afternoon tea was on the go when I left the restaurant & they looked delicious too so can't wait to try that.
I am local to the Hardwicke, My grandma actually worked as a maid there when she was 16, now 82. Over the years the family have had many an occasion held there & never a bad time yet. For my 30th we did one of the Murder Mystery nights - was brilliant, great food & entertainment.
The place is a gem in our community for sure.. I have never actually slept over so review based on all aspects of dining xx

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My partner and I had afternoon tea on Wednesday 19th February. It was our first visit to the Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel, in fact we had never ever heard of the place! We were well impressed by the quality of the dining area, the welcome we received and the very nice afternoon tea which came with a glass of Champagne. The room where afternoon tea is served was very busy with only two free tables.
It was value for money and we will certainly be back.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed Sunday 16th, as it was fully booked 14-15, we up graded and got a wonderful room. We booked table for 8 and found we were the only diners, so my partner was given extra attension from Ian our waiter. The bar was also enjoyable, I found the whole experience excellent and would reccommend staying there.

Room Tip: up grade rooms are great
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I and 4 friends stayed for on Valentines night. Check in very easy, staff friendly. Food amazing! Hotel is old and has lots of character. Very clean. Bathroom was lovely. Big walk in shower, big enough for two people! We had the valentines meal. It was about 5 courses! Food was fantastic. Breakfast was equally good. We had a brilliant night and would definitely recommend it

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartlepool
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Best Western Grand Hotel
Best Western Grand Hotel
#4 of 9 in Hartlepool
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!