“Bad service”
Review of Black Olive

Black Olive
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Olive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 238 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quality Cafe Lounge Bar serving Breakfast and Lunch Wed to Sun as well as Draught Beers, Champagne, Wines, Cocktails and award winning Spirits...
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I visited the black olive today 22nd June with my friend as we were meeting for a coffee. When we entered at 10.05am we were the only customers in there. The lady behind the bar completly ignored us then shouted over that there was no food available yet and we said that was fine. After a further 5 minutes we asked if we could order a drink as she was just completely ignoring us. She said yes but did not move so after a further few minutes we got up and left and went to the cafe opposite where we were served straight away by friendly staff.
I am not surprised there was nobody in as the service and attitude was terrible!! We definitely wont be going back.

Hi Lesley,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience on this occasion.

Thank you for providing me with some details, I will look into this with the staff.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Called into the black olive for a drink with family after going for a meal at nearby restaurant.not many in and stood in small queue to be served. waitress was only a young girl who was totally lost because all pumps were off and no manager available or senior staff to help her. she was trying to serve another gentle man who was slowly losing his temper but not the girls fault. young lad washing glasses tried to help but he was lost as well.Gave up after a ten minute wait and went elsewhere.

1  Thank kevan r

Hi Kevan R

I am very sorry to hear this.

Please could you send me an email with the date and time that you visited the restaurant so that I can look into this in more detail.
james@black-olive.co.uk

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Visited The Black Olive Hartlepool yesterday and the barman (I think his name as Connor) gave us absolutely brilliant service. He was attentive, helpful, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Very happy, thank you for your help.

Hi Steff

Thank you for your lovely review.
I will pass on your compliments to Connor.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Couldn't fault the place. Lovely relaxed atmosphere....... Excellent food - huge portions, and terrific customer service. Not a place I would have thought of without seeing the voucher but we will certainly be back.

James P, Owner at Black Olive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hi Gill L

Thank you very much for your review and lovely comments.
We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Had lunch here today. Ordered the chicken breast with thyme and sautéed potatoes. It was absolutely beautiful. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

On the downside, I had to send my soda water back twice, as it tasted of disinfectant. I ended up with just plain water.

We dined early and were the only people in the restaurant at first but it soon filled up with other diners.

The toilets were very clean and tidy. The decor is quite startling, with grey crushed velvet covered chairs and lots of high chairs and tables

Our waitress was very efficient, getting drinks and food to tables and was friendly to the diners.

I thoroughly recommend having a meal here.

James P, Owner at Black Olive, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hi

Thank you for your lovely review.
I am very pleased that you had a wonderful experience. I apologise your soda water was not up to standard.

We hope to see you again soon.