“A welcome delight!”

Bay of Bengal
Ranked #13 of 15 Restaurants in Aberdovey
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Near to the Dovey Inn in Wales, Postcode LL35 0EH. They do Indian Cuisine.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stumbled across this excellent restaurant one evening whilst looking for somewhere to eat in Aberdovy and I'm glad we did!

Although it was very quiet due to being out of season, this didn't detract from the attentive service and excellent food. We sampled the meat Samosas and lamb chops with some Popadoms for starters, and then moved onto a well presented Murgh Masala with mushroom rice and a garlic naan.

The restaurant isn't licenced so you are limited to soft drinks, but to be honest this didn't bother us, as we werestaying at the pub down the road anyway. Of course you could always take your own beer or wine if you wished.

Overall we loved the food and wouldn't hesitate to go again if in the area.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Not a place to go for a romantic tete-a-tête-à-tête with the Mrs. But the food was good and the service was fine.

1  Thank Dean B
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Good food and service. Basic interior but friendly welcome and very good food. Just remember to bring cash and your own beer. Pub next door was doing a good trade in take-out! Basic decor means not a place for fine dining, but good place to go with your mates.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Small group of us enjoyed our meal and would all happily return. Decor and ambience not 4* but food certainly is.

1  Thank MarkyD
Reviewed 19 February 2014

DO NOT EAT AT THIS PLACE.........

From the moment we walked through the door we were made to feel unwelcome with a greeting of "we only accept cash or cheque, we do not serve alcohol, we are closing at 10am (it was 8.50pm) and if you want a drink you will have to get it yourself next door at the Britannia Inn". Hummmm we should have taken the hint and walked straight out.

When our food arrived (sopinash and mushroom balti and chicken curry) the food was so bland it literally had not taste at all. The chicken was full of water and appeared to be cheap processed chicken and the rice was greasy. It he. Unfriendly waiter came and asked if all was ok with our food and when I said my dish didn't taste of anything he just shrugged his shoulders and said its a mild balti that just how it comes, I explained that a balti should be full of spices and he said well my boss as cooked it and that's the way it is but can make a hotter one for u. When he came back with my newly made up dish (took 5 mins) it appeared that the chef I just put a load of hot curry powder in the dish.

I can honestly say this place was the worst restaurant I have ever been to for being very unfriendly, no customer service and the food was not edible. We later saw the Sam waiter running into the pub next door as 4 builders had eaten in this place and had done a runner without paying the bill because the food was so rubbish.

1  Thank Deborah7472