“Excellent Instructors”

Coastriders Kitesurfing
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Aberdovey
More attraction details
Owner description: Life’s all about having fun and learning as you go. Thats why as well as our regular kite courses we offer learn to kite holidays right here in Wales. Learn to kite, try kitebuggy, land kiteboarding and stand up paddleboarding while you chill out with great company over a few drinks and a BBQ.There’s lots of options to choose from. Have a go at the exhilarating sport of kitesurf, Kite Buggy, Landboarding or Powerkiting with Coastriders kitesurfing in West Wales. We’re open all year and run courses 7 days a week.Coastriders is based in Aberdovey which is just north of Aberystwyth. We generally use the beach just north of Aberdyfi, but as we are a mobile school we use both the Aberdovey and Borth beaches, whichever gives us the mos suitable wind conditions on the day. This enables us to use coastline that has miles of never ending flat beach for landboarding and buggying as well as the safe shallow lagoons for you to learn to kitesurf in.
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Only my second experience of Kitesurfing! Wonderful beach to learn on, shallow lagoons, wide sandy beach. Lisa and Leisa were friendly and welcoming. Lisa was my fantastic instructor and she helped to increase my confidence in the water allowing me to progress at my own rate. Both Leisa and Lisa clearly love being in the water and giving their vast knowledge to both beginners and improvers. I highly recommend Coastriders.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Aberdovey is a fantastic location to learn kitesurfing with its superb beaches which offer several alternatives in close proximity depending on weather conditions. Coastriders provide very clear and safe instruction with a real passion for getting clients up and riding as quickly as possible. I recommend them highly. Andy Evans, Coastriders student in 2010 & 2011.

LisaKitesurf, Owner at Coastriders Kitesurfing, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thanks for the review Andy, look forward to seeing you down here soon for some kitesurfing.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Coast Riders is a fantastic school, you'll be learning on the highest quality and newest equipment available, every effort is made to get you up and riding as quickly and safely as possible, you certainly get your moneys worth on a course with the instructors, they're full of enthusiasm and are happy to give you a few tips here and there once you are up and Kiting on your own!

I always recommend the school to all my friends for lessons and kit, and Aberdyfi has to be one of the best locations to kitesurf in the UK, with waves, flat water, and safe, shallow lagoons to learn in!

Aberdovey is a fantastic place to kitesurf, I'm glad you share our opinion on this. Lagoons and waves all in one spot, what more can you ask for. Look forward to seeing you on the beach.