All reviewsswimming poolgolf coursegames roomdining roomputting greenfourth floortable tennistraditional hotelcourse dinnersea viewsand dunespublic roomsyear after yearoverlooking cardigan baylovely hotelchildren's tealarge family
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Our December visit coincided with storm weather but we enjoyed the comforts of the hotel while watching the waves crashing on the beach just across the dunes - awesome! Many of the staff were familiar from previous visits and the service and food were as good as we remembered. The pool area is not attached to the hotel just a few yards across the main drive - slightly inhibiting in rough weather - once in - warm and big enough to make you feel you have had a proper swim.

Room Tip: Hill view and lower floor rooms tend to be cooler in hot weather.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017

This is a central point for our family gathering each year - 4 generations come together from various locations for a pre-christmas meal. As usual the food/service & staff were excellent. We all had a thoroughly enjoyable meal and get together. Thank You.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Visited with my wife at late notice just for one night. Fabulous location, good service and excellent food - really good value for money and a real treat.

Room was comfortable with fantastic sea views and balcony.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017

My wife and I booked luncheon for two. We arrived early and enjoyed half an hour in the lovely lounge. We then went to the dining room at 12.30pm as arranged. We ordered starters and main courses and specifically requested that all our vegetables be cooked really well as we don't like undercooked food.

My wife ordered sea bass and I ordered calves liver as our main courses.

The starters were very good.

My wife's SeaBass was satisfactory. When my main course arrived, I could see that the liver looked very odd. Both large pieces were extremely dark in colour and smelt very strongly. The surfaces of both pieces were covered with lumps. I tasted it and it tasted horrible - extremely strong. I couldn't possibly eat it and the smell was very off-putting too. Despite asking for all the vegetables well-cooked, they arrived extremely under-cooked and hard. I ate none of my meal and asked the waiter to take it away. I told him that I'd like to order something else. He took the plate away but did not return. When my wife had finished her meal, the original waiter came to ask us if we had enjoyed our meal and I explained everything to him. He took my order for SeaBass and emphasised that we wanted very well cooked vegetables this time.

Ten minutes later the waiter returned with my order. The SeaBass was totally cold - not warm but very cold. It had clearly been prepared earlier, left cold and not warmed up for me. The vegetables, this time, had hardly been in hot water and were totally uncooked. It stood out a mile that the chef had objected to my complaint and ensured that the replacement would be considerably worse. I left my meal totally uneaten. For the second time!

The bill appeared for £45.50.

We were extremely disappointed with the standard of our meal and service.

We shall most certainly never eat here again.

Room Tip: Don't eat here!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abld2017
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We visited this part of Wales for a 3 night stay with our family to celebrate my 70th Birthday. We chose the hotel for its amenities and location - golf for me and my son in law and an indoor pool for us all to enjoy especially our twin 5 year old granddaughters.
What a success. The hotel and staff were all fantastic and the food and restaurant service were all we had hoped. We had room 401 and the family 403 - both very large and well presented with super views. Aberdovey has a wonderful beach with plenty of opportunity to explore and have fun - crabbing from the harbour wall is highly recommended for the young and young at heart! It is very easy to see why people return to The Trefeddian time and time again - we will be joining them!

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms have the best views and are modern and bright
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family