“Excellent Once Again”
Review of Trefeddian Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aberdovey
Trefeddian Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aberdovey
Wiltshire UK
“Excellent Once Again”
Reviewed 14 April 2010

The Tref really is an excellent place to stay. Please bear in mind though that out of school holiday season there is a particular age bracket that like to stay here - definitely retireds on the whole. Having said that it really is a special place to stay. All the staff are happy to help, everywhere is kept up to date and decorated with beautiful furnishings. My room was a single but was huge - bigger than my parents (80 year olds) who shared a double room. We were on the 2nd floor. The fourth floor rooms really are delightful if you are prepared to pay the extra. The food is very very good. Evening meal probably too large if anything and we often missed out a course. Best of all however is the breakfast which really is excellent. Aberdovey is a delight and because it is west facing you really should book a sea view room so you can experience the breathtaking sun sets.

• Stayed March 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2010

My partner and I have just returned from a 2-night break at the Trefeddian Hotel near Aberdovey. We were allocated Room 217 which is on the side of the hotel with views to the mountains and the estuary. The balcony caught the morning sun but unfortunately it was too chilly for us to sit out for long whilst we were there.

One word sums up this hotel: QUALITY. Excellent staff, excellent food, quality fixtures, fittings and furnishings.

Breakfast was extremely good: perfectly cooked sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, fried bread, tomato, black pudding. It was also lovely to have chopped up fruit available for breakfast, eg strawberries and melon, as well as grapefruit, prunes, apricots and a big bowl of yoghurt. The 5-course evening meal was really good too, especially the strawberry cheesecake! Yummy!

A nice touch is the webcam on the roof of the hotel. If you book one of the cheaper rooms at the rear of the hotel you can at least watch the sea on the TV!

I would have liked to have had a go on the putting green and a game of snooker but unfortunately didn't get around to either - maybe next time!

I've often wondered what it would be like to stay in this hotel, as we don't live too far away. It exceeded my expectations in every way and has restored my faith in British hotels.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaldivianAddict
Derby
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Just returned from a wonderful relaxing 5 day break at this hoel. This was our second time at this hotel and the standards have remained high. There is a wonderful relaxed atmosphere in this hotel and nothing was too much for the staff to attend to. My wife alos had a beauty treatment in the salon on the top floor, she remarked that the treatment was excellent and that the therapist was brilliant (my wife is a trained beauty therapist herself). We will not hesitate to stay again at this hotel. The sea vews in the morning are just breathtaking.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Leintwardine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Stayed for 2 nights at the Trefeddian, on one of their advertised short winter breaks.
Stll very good value £135.00 per person Dinner/Bed & Breakfast. This is our fifth time we have stayed here. The staff are all very friendly especially June out waitress, and young Tom - our waiter
The breakfasts were as big as they were last time around and the five course evening dinner was excellent value. Only one thing slightly marred the dinner, and that was the fact that on previous occasions, a cheeseboard was presented so that guests could help themselves to whatever cheeses they required. This was replaced with cheeses already pre-plated (presumably to control portions given out). I would rather pay a little extra on the bill and have the cheeseboard re-instated. Other than that...everything was fine!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul J
Shropshire
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We have just returned from 3 nights at the Trefeddian Hotel, me, my husband, and 2 children aged 4 and 6. Location is perfect, beautiful views over the sea and very handy for the beach - about a 10 min walk over the dunes.

The room was great in that we had a sea view and balcony, but was a little tired looking. We had a double bed, single bed and truckle bed for the kids and it was quite tight in the room. Bit oldfashioned, but served its purpose. Only a bath, no shower. Bed abit too soft, but that's just my opinion!

Hotel all round was perfect for kids, games rooms, baby listening service in evening, early tea provided for kids, indoor swimming pool a real hit with the children, although changing rooms could have done with an update.

5 course dinner was great, if a little rushed. We did feel like they really wanted us out of the restaurant, every course coming almost immediately after the previous one taken away. We have never eaten a 5 course meal so quick - however, food could not be faulted, all delicious and breakfast too. Friendly staff, good service.

All in all a great place to stay, just a little old-fashioned. Rooms need a refurbish and an update with modern technology. We did also feel rather young, the majority of the guests must have been over 70!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Just returned from the Trefeddian after a four night stay with my parents, who had been several times before hand.
After a bit of a shaky start with the rooms not ready on arrival, everything was absolutely perfect, so that was very quickly filed into the back of our minds.
My parents occupied room 107 which was a double balcony room overlooking the front of the hotel, the golf course and beach beyond.
I occupied room 115 which was a single room overlooking the gardens at the rear. I was very concerned prior to my visit, as single rooms can be somewhat substandard, but I needn't have worried. It was a charming room and large enough to have taken a double bed.
The food in the dining room was again perfect in every way. Plenty of choice, served by very polite staff and best of all, apart from starters at breakfast, everything was served to you at the table. I certainly don't go on holiday to join a queue of waiting people to get my food!!!
We visited a couple of places while we were there - King Arthur's Labyrinth and the Corris Craft Centre and Llechwedd Slate Caverns and Victorian Village. The Slate Caverns were quite a drive over the Snowdonia National Park but lovely countryside views en route.
All in all an excellent few days away. First Class Hotel with First Class service and food. I will most certainly visit again. As for the price...... in my view...... you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2009
north wales
Reviewed 20 June 2009

My Partner and I arrived without booking for one night only.We were made very welcome and given a lovely room with balcony and sea views. We also had a great three course lunch. Dinner was fully booked but we managed to have a meal at a local bistro.The room was excellent with very comfortable beds. We will be going again. one word of caution...at 50+ I was among the youngest guest!!

• Liked — views
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdovey
Penhelig Arms
Ty'r Graig Castle
Ty'r Graig Castle
#1 of 4 in Barmouth
Seabreeze Restaurant with Rooms

Been to Trefeddian Hotel? Share your experiences!