“OUTSTANDING VIEWS”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Estuary View

Idyllic sunny position with woods behind and wonderful panoramic views over the estuary
Check Availability
en-suite bathroom
enjoy the view!
light and bright!
wine and dine!
comfortable sofa - emergency bed!
this place has character!
the great outdoors
view from the living area
simple but nice!
I enjoy washing up and looking out of the window!
places to visit!
sights to see!
on the edge of the copse - love the birds that visit!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Derby, United Kingdom
“OUTSTANDING VIEWS”
Reviewed 17 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

The chalet is at the top of the hill and has the best position overlooking the estuary. Chalet had everything you need from crockery, cutlery to electric blankets and heaters. Owner had left walking maps, books, dvds for when the weather is not so good. There is a small grass area next to the chalet to walk the dog when necessary, and responsible dog owners had ensured it was clean.

Must agree that the road up is very steep and not in good condition, but this is beyond the owner's control.

Part of the beach at nearby Aberdovey is dog friendly all year, and you can walk through the sand dunes and along the beach to Tywyn.

Owner very helpful and always replied within 24 hours.

29 Sep 2017
Thank you Di, for taking the trouble to write this review, It will be particularly helpful to dog owners.
I am delighted that you enjoyed staying in our chalet and had some good walks with the dog. I hope you will come again!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Cosy cabin”
Reviewed 5 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a lovely stay at Irene's cabin. It was nice to wake up to the beautiful around the cabin and watching the many types of birds which gathered just outside the doors to eat from the bird feeder!
Would love to visit again ☺

7 Sep 2017
Thank you, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Do please come again!
Sikandar...
“Overall good experience”
Reviewed 2 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

I would describe it in pros and cons .
Pros :
Much cheaper than other available cottages at the time ( August).
Beautiful scenery around the cottage.
Peaceful , away from any noises.
Good arrangement of various heaters and heating blankets was available.
Good shower and toilets.
Comfortable beds.
TV , DVD player and books.
A very helpful land lady who would answer any query very promptly.

Cons:
A lot steeper than expected road leading to the cottage which was narrow and winding and not in good shape. No prior warning on the website was given. It would help if it were mentioned that the road is a bit challenging for a car.
The scenic areas visible from the cottage could not practically be reached without a car journey.
The main attractions of the northern Wales like the cable car and sandy beach of Anglesey are about two hours away. The closest beach/ estuary is not remarkable.
Water was yellowish in colour as the filter was not working. This problem could not be solved during our stay( 4 nights).
Slugs and spiders were making there way into the cottage daily ( slugs into the kitchen and spiders in the kids room) which I would have to remove but I am not sure if this is a con or normal for a cottage.

4 Sep 2017
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review, Sikandar, I am glad you enjoyed your stay, with lots of "pros". To reply to the "cons" , the condition of the road surface (not in my control) has deteriorated sharply due to a storm a couple of months ago, though it has always been steep and winding. If the website does not say this (I thought it did) I shall get it amended. I do say it in the information I send but by that time the guest will have booked. My apologies that the water treatment unit was not working during your stay but it failed quite suddenly and it required a new controller to be sent and a plumber to be booked. This has now been done. I supplied bottled water for your use. and there was nothing else I could do. Regarding slugs and spiders we all get these unwelcome intruders occasionally but I would not say they were commonplace at Estuary View. I have stayed there for weeks on end without seeing any, and I can only recall one guest commenting about it so I think you were unlucky. Regarding the countryside I agree that most places are a car journey away, though it is possible to walk up from the chalet onto the mountain behind, where the panoramic walk and the bearded lake are spectacular with lovely views. The stretch of sandy beach between Aberdyfi and Tywyn is only 3 miles away and is very fine. True, North Wales and Anglesey are considerable distances away and travelling in Wales is not fast, so to see North Wales it would be better to find a base in that region. Thanks again for your review, all good wishes.
Nessarthu...
London, United Kingdom
“Idylic Location / At one with nature”
Reviewed 29 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

First I will start by saying the drive up to the Lodge is VERY steep and the road requires quite a lot of repair however, apart from that, I have nothing but good things to say. The Lodge is homely and offers everything you need to make your stay comfortable.

The views from every window are stunning and the amount of birds that visited us every day were amazing.

We were allowed to take our little dogs too and they thoroughly enjoyed the walks afforded them. :-)

The location is also brilliant for daily excursions and the local steam railway is a must.

Irene, the owner, gives very detailed information and this was great for us first-timers to the area.

31 Aug 2017
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the trouble to review the chalet. I do hope you will come again.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

31 Aug 2017
Thank you, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Do come again when you can!
Mair G
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“What ate the peanuts?”
Reviewed 5 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Thank you Irene for letting us stay in your wonderful, well equipped chalet at such short notice. The setting is so quiet and peaceful with stunning views across the Dovey estuary. We used the chalet as a base for travelling to Tonfanau motorbike racing circuit which is about a half hour drive away. The whole area is very lovely with plenty to do for all ages, and if you like birds, the chalet literally offers a bird's eye view of so many if you go armed with food. We put peanuts out and delighted in watching them being eaten by Jays and a cute little mouse but were disappointed not to witness what was eating them during the night, Badgers maybe? We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Estuary View and would love to stay there again sometime.

6 Jul 2017
Thank you so much Mair - it is good to know that you had a great time and enjoyed our chalet.Do come again! Irene
Faith R
“Quiet away from the crowds retreat.”
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Lovely peaceful location with stunning views over the estuary. A fantastic range of leaflets about local attractions and walks and comfortable accommodation. I couldn't have wished for more. Irene was most helpful about all aspects of our stay.

6 Jul 2017
Thank you Faith, I am happy that you liked our chalet and found everything to your taste. I am about to leave for a few days myself, and always love being there. I hope you will come again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing