“Worth the wait!”
Review of A Nets Catch - CLOSED

A Nets Catch
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have been visiting Aberdovey for the past 10 years and there has always been a queue at this Fish and Chip shop at busy times. However, the standard of food is excellent and better than it has ever been and definitely worth the wait! Top quality fish and huge portions!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I've bought fish and chips from here several times over the last year. It's the only take away fish and chip shop in Aberdovey, and the fish and the chips are excellent. But today was a bit of a nightmare. There were 10 people in front of me, 7 of whom were a single group, which didn't seem too bad but it took 40 minutes for me to get to the front of the queue and when I got there there was a sign saying that the only battered fish available was cod (they advertise plaice and haddock and I always have the haddock). When I left the queue was out of the back door, so heaven knows how long those people waited. I couldn't figure out the problem as they had a lot of staff, all working hard. But one of the staff was engaged in wrapping packets of fish and chips which she was stacking in an ever-rising mound behind her. There were 10 packets when I left, and no visible customer for them. The lad serving was friendly and apologetic, but I do wonder if they shouldn't find a way of speeding up their delivery system. Great cod and chips, anyway. Opens at 5.30ish and closes at 8 at the time of writing but ring to check.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Good food but maybe avoid if it is super busy as the que runs down the ally.

This is the only chippy in town and is a good option if you want to eat on the beach.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here many times and it IS an excellent fish and chip shop but this time they vastly underestimated how busy they would be! Queues out of the door and we waited over 45 minutes just for fish and chips. Seemed like a lot of staff were simply standing around talking rather than working. Couldn't fault the food as the fish was enormous and perfectly cooked and the chips were great!

Sort yourself out guys!!