“Had to Leave”
Review of A Nets Catch - CLOSED

A Nets Catch
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Cannot comment on the fish and chips as we waited for so long for our food that we had to leave to catch our train home!.
There seemed to be no concern that there a huge queue, no organisation and no sense of pace to the cooking of the food.
The restaurant was full of signs about what could not be done and how much would be charged if you sat down to eat. Are you allowed to charge for tap water?

NetsChips, Owner at A Nets Catch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

You visited the shop on one of our busiest weekends ever. It's was a bank holiday & demand for our food was exceptional and I am not surprised you had to wait. We cook what we can as fast as we can but sometimes we cannot keep up with the huge demand for our products. This weekend we were the only establishment able to cater for people without bookings hence the massive queues, which is out of our control.

Our pricing policy for goods and services are made clear deliberately to give customers a choice, to eat in and pay a little extra to be served or don't and takeaway. It's your choice to pay or not!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Waited 1 10 mins for food here to take away and never sen such poor organisation and service in all my time in a chip shop!

They charge people to sit in for £1, 20p for a glass of tap water and 40p for a small sauce, bags 10p, forks 10p and I actually thought they would charge me for standing in the building!

The place is totally overpriced, not a clue on customer service or how to run a business for customers and the curry and gravy portions are even funnier!

The chip in town is 10 ten times better and I would suggest to give a wide berth !

3  Thank Highsociety07

You visited the shop on one of our busiest days ever. It was a bank holiday (Good Friday). Demand for our fish was exceptional and I am not surprised you had to wait.

You are correct, it is more expensive to use our eat in service. Our pricing policy is clear. It gives customers a choice, to eat in and pay a little extra to be served or don't and takeaway. You choose to takeaway.

All our takeaway food is basically wrapped and packaged. We provide chip forks free of charge but carrier bags are chargeable by law in Wales. We offer numerous additional add on items 'For Sale' in the 'Shop'. You didn't want to buy any.

I do not understand why you found our curry sauce and gravy funny. It's something that's never been mentioned to me before.

As for our customer service, I do wonder how you spoke to our staff or did I hear you anyway!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Visited the establishment for lunch, lovely fresh fish & best chips I've had in years. Friendly staff & a good price.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

It was busy when we went to A Nets Catch but that mattered not. The staff were not only friendly but positively chirpy.

The food was magnificent and far superior to what I was expecting. The batter was to die for! I can honestly say I've never enjoyed fish and chips more.

We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

had fish and chips in the cafe here in a cardboard box fish was ok the chips were a little bit oily but it was busy so had to wait no problem
the thing that really annoyed me was that i had pay for tap water i spent nearly £18 and got charged for tap water what a cheek at the cost a glass it must be over £500 a tonne from welsh water i wonder if they know of the mark up being charged

1  Thank chesmetalwork

You are correct, there is a 20p service charge (including 20% VAT) if you want to have a glass of water in our shop. If you have you own container we are more than happy to refill them for you free. You were not happy with this.