“Brilliant -Worth the wait”
Review of A Nets Catch - CLOSED

A Nets Catch
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Brilliant -Worth the wait”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I came over to Aberdovey on Good Friday knowing that I was going to have to que for a while to get myself some fish and chips. And that I did but having been here before I knew that it would be worth the wait. The staff were nice and working hard to try get everyone served as quick as possible with people infront of me ordering 10 fish . 9 fish, 7 fish I expected to wait abit longer and the staff kept everyone informed as to what was going which was good . When I got to the front I got my food seconds after ordering great! And the woman behind the counter was still chirpy despite the huge que and massive amounts of people already served and was apologetic for the wait which was a bonus . The fish chips and curry sauce were delightful! Nice crisp batter fish that would just melt in your mouth, chips were beautiful and the classic chip shop curry was top notch! Overall I had to wait just over an hour but it was well worth it! And it kept the wife quite for a while ;). Will deffo be back again

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had to Leave”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Cannot comment on the fish and chips as we waited for so long for our food that we had to leave to catch our train home!.
There seemed to be no concern that there a huge queue, no organisation and no sense of pace to the cooking of the food.
The restaurant was full of signs about what could not be done and how much would be charged if you sat down to eat. Are you allowed to charge for tap water?

NetsChips, Owner at A Nets Catch, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
You visited the shop on one of our busiest weekends ever. It's was a bank holiday & demand for our food was exceptional and I am not surprised you had to wait. We cook what we can as fast as we can but sometimes we cannot keep up with the huge demand for our products. This weekend we were the only establishment able to cater for people without bookings hence the massive queues, which is out of our control.

Our pricing policy for goods and services are made clear deliberately to give customers a choice, to eat in and pay a little extra to be served or don't and takeaway. It's your choice to pay or not!
“The queue is large and bit do they charge....”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Waited 1 10 mins for food here to take away and never sen such poor organisation and service in all my time in a chip shop!

They charge people to sit in for £1, 20p for a glass of tap water and 40p for a small sauce, bags 10p, forks 10p and I actually thought they would charge me for standing in the building!

The place is totally overpriced, not a clue on customer service or how to run a business for customers and the curry and gravy portions are even funnier!

The chip in town is 10 ten times better and I would suggest to give a wide berth !

3 Thank Highsociety07
NetsChips, Owner at A Nets Catch, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
You visited the shop on one of our busiest days ever. It was a bank holiday (Good Friday). Demand for our fish was exceptional and I am not surprised you had to wait.

You are correct, it is more expensive to use our eat in service. Our pricing policy is clear. It gives customers a choice, to eat in and pay a little extra to be served or don't and takeaway. You choose to takeaway.

All our takeaway food is basically wrapped and packaged. We provide chip forks free of charge but carrier bags are chargeable by law in Wales. We offer numerous additional add on items 'For Sale' in the 'Shop'. You didn't want to buy any.

I do not understand why you found our curry sauce and gravy funny. It's something that's never been mentioned to me before.

As for our customer service, I do wonder how you spoke to our staff or did I hear you anyway!
“Simply superb”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Visited the establishment for lunch, lovely fresh fish & best chips I've had in years. Friendly staff & a good price.

• Visited February 2014
“The best fish and chips I've ever had”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

It was busy when we went to A Nets Catch but that mattered not. The staff were not only friendly but positively chirpy.

The food was magnificent and far superior to what I was expecting. The batter was to die for! I can honestly say I've never enjoyed fish and chips more.

We'll definitely be back!