“Favourite fish by far”
Review of A Nets Catch - CLOSED

A Nets Catch
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Being a bit of a fish and chip addict, finding myself at 'anetts catch' on bank holiday weekend was no surprise. It must have been one of the busiest I've ever seen the village so a queue was expected. After waiting a little under an hour I was served probably the best fish EVER. The service polite and the prices reasonable. Well recommended!!

1  Thank James R

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had fish and chips here this Saturday as part of our annual fish n chip run with 60+ car owners. Having driven for many hours over fantastic welsh roads the fish n chips are always greatly appreciated. We recognise that there will be a queue and accept the wait down the alley as part of the experience. The staff are friendly and working as hard as they can. Quite large portions. Pricing policy clear to all. You make your choice. You pay for your choice. No probs with this. Be back next year, I hope

1  Thank Tracey G
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I called in for fish and chips on easter saturday and found the staff very helpful,the food is cooked to order so a wait is to be expected, especially as aberdyfi was heaving with holidaymakers! The food was very good! I am disgusted at the last reviewer-please ignore his remarks-he obviously has a massive chip on his shoulder!!

2  Thank Les S
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Visited A Nets Catch recently and found the staff to be polite, friendly, helpful and excellent. The food was delicious. The fish was well cooked and without doubt the best fish and chips I have had in a long time.

The queue is long for a reason, the food is excellent and well worth the wait.

Good work.

1  Thank Steve Q
Reviewed 21 April 2014

After queuing for no less than one hour and 14 minutes to get our fish and chip dinner, we were told at the till that 'mike' (one of the younger employees) had forgotten to cook the saveloy sausage we had ordered half an hour ago and so if we wanted a saveloy sausage we would have to wait a further ten minutes for one to be cooked. The service was disgusting and considering there were at least 5 or 6 members of staff all huddled behind the counter, the fact that it took so long to be served a few chips is mind boggling. The staff were impolite, poorly trained and clueless in their pathetically simple job roles. There was no refund given to us but as a gesture of good will we were handed two plastic forks free of charge, which would have cost us a further 40 p if we were wanting to actually eat our rancid meal with cutlery. The quality of the food was poor and I will not be returning again. This establishment needs serious help.

1  Thank Curdled
NetsChips, Owner at A Nets Catch, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

You visited the shop on one of our busiest weekends ever. It's was a bank holiday & demand for our food was exceptional and I am not surprised you had to wait. We cook what we can as fast as we can but sometimes we cannot keep up with the huge demand for our produce. The queue is out of our control and it's clear that you think that you shouldn't have had to wait. But that was your choice!

There was a genuine mistake made and your Savloy wasn't cooked. We apologised for this and you appeared to accept it. We even offered to cook it for you if you were prepared to wait a few more minutes. You didn't want to.

You described your meal as 'rancid'. During this exceptional weekend, I have had no food returned due to poor quality. If you had I would of been more than happy to discuss the matter with you.

Your comments relating to my staffs roles are disrespectful and it's clear you don't understand what their 'simple' roles undertake. I am very proud of how they all have performed on one of our busiest weekends ever.