“Wonderfull house, everything you need with a view...”

Review of ARGOED

Argoed - A Beautiful Victorian House
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Argoed - A Beautiful Victorian House
Beautiful views over the estuary
Kitchen/Dining perfect for entertaining
Table comfortably seats 12
Sitting room with real fire
Sitting room with large sofas
Baby Grand in Sitting room
Piano
Piano overlooking estuary
Playroom with large Tv, games and pool table
Bedroom one with dressing room
En-suite bathroom to Bedroom 1
En-suite bathroom with whirlpool bath/shower
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 5
Family bathroom
Landing
Telescope
Breeze house for outside entertaining in any weather!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sean O
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderfull house, everything you need with a view to remember”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Outstanding house that feels like a home in a lovely place overlooking the bay, views that you would never get bored of. Furnished to the highest standard, all mod cons inc a games room with snooker table, darts board and Xbox with a selection of games for all ages. Very comfortable bedrooms, bathrooms, lounge and kitchen right out of Homes & Gardens! Owned by a very friendly couple. Couple of nice pubs, great beaches and crabs that throw themselves on your fishing line!

Liked best: Hmmmm, everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Large groups
marialove...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“WOW”
Reviewed 19 May 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Stayed here to celebrate a big birthday with friends and family. Our ages ranged from 8 to 90 and we all loved it. Fabulous views, beautifully decorated, open fire with logs supplied, grand piano in bay window, out of this world kitchen complete with aga and every single appliance/utensil you could ever want, beautiful bed linen, fantastic dining area, amazing lighting throughout ... I could go on, everything was top class and we could not fault it. I will just mention the games room that the children loved, as did my 90 year old father. A snooker/pool table and every single board game that you can think of. Am sure I've left some more compliments out but the bottom line is you will not regret staying here. Michele could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Have travelled extensively all around the world and been lucky enough to stay in some luxurious places but Argoed has to be my absolute favourite.

Liked best: Everything
SuePhys
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“A welcome break”
Reviewed 12 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Our party of 11, aged from 12 to 77, was bowled over by the thought that obviously went into the setting up of the house, which gave us plenty of room to spread our wings. We all know Aberdyfi well, so knew what to expect of the area. Even the steep climb from the village to the house was "welcome" as an essential calorie burner! Our little dog who came with us loved the open plan feel of the garden, as he found he could easily sneak off to visit other neighbouring dogs. We had glorious weather so only made use of the games room in the evenings for gams of pool. Aga use is not my forte, but between us all we coped and I managed to make a birthday cake for the 77 year old on our last day.
Michele was extremely helpful from start to finish, answering my text about cake tins promptly and letting us know about rubbish collection arrangements in good time.
A mirror at the end of the lane from all the neighbouring houses onto the road down to the village would be useful as it is completely blind and the exit is quite steep and needs some "oomph" to get out onto the road.

garyhayes
Cheshire UK
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 7 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We had the pleasure of staying at this amazing house in the middle of January. As it was my 50th Birthday, I wanted a luxury setting in which I could celebrate with my close family. Upon arrival, the only word we could say was 'Wow'! The expectations were high due to the photographs and the reality did not disappoint. This truly is 5 star accommodation. The Bang & Olufsen music system is awesome - great for getting the party started (take your own CD's or link up your I-phone). We soon mastered the Aga and all agreed that if we lived in such a large house we too would have one. The house & garden will be fabulous in the summer. The beach is large & clean and even though it was January we had relatively good weather. It was a great way to cure a hangover!
The view is breathtaking. we watched a storm come in over the estuary & then the sunshine following - truly memorable. The immediate town is small & quaint but there are decent supermarkets ten minutes drive away. We organised an online Asda delivery which worked well.
We would love to return one day - possibly in the summer. I would highly recommend this beautiful house for family & friends. Plenty of space and a real home from home.
You will not be disappointed.

Liked best: The view & the open fire
Liked least: The hill is quite steep but the view makes up for it.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
jen m
London, United Kingdom
“Five star luxury combined with perfect homeyness. Fantastic!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I'm going to gush too. I've stayed in loads of holiday villas in lots of different countries over the years, and I've never stayed in a rental as wonderful as this. The views over the estuary are breathtaking. The house is a generously proportioned victorian villa with a pretty garden with views over the estuary. The house is spacious and very luxurious and comfortable. The beds and bathrooms are like those in a five star hotel. The decor is tasteful and expensive yet with quirky, homely touches so it doesn't feel like a holiday rental at all, but like someone's gorgeous home. All the appliances are top notch german, the utility room is enormous. We used to have an aga so we're used to using one and it makes the house super cosy - I could go on! Michelle was so kind and helpful. Champagne in a bucket of ice, bara brith and jams from the lovely deli at the bottom of the hill were waiting for us on our arrival. The kitchen lacked nothing (except possibly a butter dish??). It's a steep walk back from town - my mother in law could never walk it (she's in her 80's) but it's easy to park in town so we just drove her. Aberdovey shops aren't far - just 10 minutes. The steep walk back is very toning to the thighs! We were very sorry to leave and will most definitely be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views, the luxury and comfort, the aga (we used to have one)
Liked least: The lack of butter dish??
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Management Response
1 Sep 2014
Thank you so much for your fabulous review! We feel we are building a lovely collection of families who hopefully will keep returning! Thank you for mentioning the butter dish as it's reminded me that I miss having a toast rack there too! I'm on the case! :-)x
KateS100
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A little piece of heaven, like staying in a luxury hotel without the "faff", amazing views and a home from home”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Partly I do not want to leave this review because I want to be able to come back again and again but if everyone realises just how lovely it is will probably not be availible. Michelle the owner is a real lady who has opened up her beautiful house and family retreat to share with the rest of us, she was so lovely and helpful and her thougtful gifts on arrival were the perfect finishing touch. Look at the pictures, the house is every bit as lovely as it looks, the village is accessible within minutes (if you dont mind a steep hill path on way back) and the beach beyond is endless and constantly changing. I need to stop because I am gushing way too much. I went with my partner, my teenage daughters and my sisters family so a wide spectrum of ages but they all were unanimous in their praise of Argoed and their promises to return. A special thanks to Jo for her patience and communications in arranging the booking at relatively short notice. My advice is go... fall in love with Argoed and with Wales.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the luxurious feel of the house and its fittings
Liked least: The Aga cooker - but we learned to cope with it by the end of the week
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Management Response
20 Aug 2014
What a fabulous review! Your 'gushing' has left me blushing and very happy that your family love Argoed as much as we do. We would love you all to return in the future. Thank you so much!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing