“Best place to eat in Aberdeenshire”
Review of Eat on the Green

Eat on the Green
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Ellon
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat in Aberdeenshire”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

All courses first class. Great ambience for quite an unpretentious venue! We live locally and feel very lucky to live near such a good restaurant.

Naples, Florida
“Nice Resturant but not as Special as it could be”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Having read the reviews we were excited to be taken to Eaton the Green for my wife's birthday. We reviewed the menus and the reviews provided by others before we arrived so were aware of the limited menu selection. The welcome was good but not great and warm as others suggest and the food whilst good was not great, I would recommend the taster selections for both starter and desert but we all chose the Filet and Blade for main. The Blade was good but the Filet was frankly no bigger than the burger I had at lunch and looked like a normal Filet cut in to 3 but charged as for one. I ordered mine raw but it came medium and whilst good to taste I feel that this was more to do with a quality piece of meat than the cooking. For those who rave so much I would suggest a trip to other venues not so isolated as that may be worth the trip, having been I wouldn't rush back nor would we recommend there are much better with less self congratulation.

2 Thank neil m
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I attended a suprise 70th birthday party, for afternoon tea, thoroughly enjoyed the food and atmosphere, Craig is very attentive at all times.

Visited May 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“First vist to Eat on the Green, won't be my last”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having heard nothing but good reports from friends who have tried this restaurant I was desperate to go. I went for Sunday lunch and did not leave disappointed. The food was truly excellent, the staff were so friendly and helpful, they added a lot to our dining experience by chatting and laughing with us, without being intrusive.
The wine list is extensive and suits all price ranges. The amuse bouche was a nice treat, as were the lovely petit fours served with the bill. The chef coming to chat to us and the maître d showing us their new champagne lounge and chef's table were lovely little extra touches which made our visit a great experience rather than just a meal out.
I just wish the restaurant was nearer to the city,but, the extra miles are well worth the trip.
I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant!!!

“grandsons graduation”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our daughter took us out for a meal here after our grandsons graduation
She often dines here, this was our first time, and it was a treat
She knows I am inclined to be fussy
She said I would have nothing to complain about, and she was so right.
We were given a warm welcome
The food was very good, atmosphere was very good, staff very attentive without being intrusive
We had a lovely time, and to top all that the chief sent through a plate with a flawless message on it.
It read
Congregation on your graduation
Good luck for the future.
That's what makes this place so special

Visited July 2014