“What a view”

Ranked #5 of 165 Restaurants in Bangor
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Taken to this restaurant after 3 days volunteering at the Giro d'Italia by a fellow volunteer. The restaurant gave us the table in the window as a thank-you for going over to help marshal the event.
Fabulous food with a really good choice of dishes and a Thai vegetable curry that 'ticks all the boxes'
Had to wash it down with their special cocktail for the Giro - Maglia Rosa.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Visited Jamaica Inn on 4th May with my husband. We hadn't booked, but as we were early they were able to offer us a table for 1 and a half hours; This proved to be plenty time to eat two courses. We both chose the smoked haddock served on sautéed new potatoes, with bacon and scallions - my husband's portion also had peas with it. I was forced to follow the delicious main with Chocolate fudge cake served with honeycomb ice cream - this was also very tasty. It was several years since our previous visit, but we will go again, not leaving it so long next time. The service was friendly and efficient. The only negative comment I have is regarding two young girls (aged 7 or 8-ish) who were allowed by their parents to run around the restaurant! Fortunately they weren't there too long.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was our second time in this restaurant and I can say we weren't disappointed, my husband loves the portion size, the service is very quick and staff very friendly I would highly recommend if your in the area

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is the only place we chose to go for a family meal. Always excellent quality food and superb service. I don't understand why it's not number 1 in Bangor - it certainly deserves to be. You just need to book a table all the time now, it's so popular :(

Reviewed 15 April 2014

good honest food and great atmosphere, great summer or winter ,well worth a visit, great views and service . nice outside seating great in summer and heated in the winter .