“Great location”
Review of Jamaica Inn

Jamaica Inn
Ranked #4 of 160 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, European, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, View, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Belfast
“Great location”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great location, right on seafront overlooking boat racing. Staff a bit over worked and service slow, but food excellent when it arrived. We try and sit outside as even on a chilly evening the view is worth it, patio heaters are built into overhead decking area. Bad points are, rarely any loo roll in ladies and always smells like stale beer when you walk in side the front door!! Have raised these points on the many times I have visited. I keep going back as the good points outweigh the bad, always enjoyable!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank G K

Ireland
“Long wait all because of our starter”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been coming to the Jamaica Inn over the last few years and have always loved it. We went there recently on the weekend and as we had not booked sat outside. We ordered a started between us and two main meals. Our started came out and was lovely. We had finished nearly 15 minutes and no staff had come near us. So I went in and told them that we were ready for our mains. We then waited and watched as everyone around us was served their mains. After another lengthy period of time I went in and seen the barstaff asking about our mains. I was told the kitchen was very busy and sure you had a starter! When the food did arrive it was great but I just felt that it wasn't worth the wait.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Craic32
“Not great but ok”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Char sui pork was not crispy and my fish had bones in it, which the staff told me were edible. My fiends went with the smoked haddock which was excellent as always.

N.Ireland
“Great place”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A great bar and restaurant with lovely outdoor seating area, with a fabulous view. All day menu with a great choice. As a fish lover, I have never been disappointed here.
Always a warm atmosphere here. Tend to go earlier in the day as although I love live music - if eating here when it's on- its just too loud to comfortably chat at the table.

Visited July 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Dissapointed but still a fav!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Always loved the Jamaica Inn but had not been for a few years. Recently called in for lunch and although nice....was definitely not as good as previous experiences. Still great place in a great location and will be returning.

Visited April 2014