Hargreaves House
Shelleven Guest House(Bangor)
US$128
US$114
US$154
Ennislare Guest House(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$161
Hotels.com
US$121
US$129
Orbitz.com
US$127
All reviewsguinness breadantrim coastwealth of informationnorthern irelandbreakfast was deliciousfluffy bathrobesbreakfast room isplace to staymaking reservationsfront windowirish seabeyond the call of dutyfive minute walklittle touchesrabbit roomsa lovely staythe ground floor
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My niece and I stayed at Hargreaves House for 4 nights while visiting my daughter. Pauline made us very welcome. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was first class and having a fire lit was a lovely treat! We look forward to staying again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I planned a night away with my husband,for his birthday, and needed a BnB close to the restaurant we were going to.At first I had booked a room at Ennislare Guest House, 3 weeks in advance. Two days before we were due to arrive, I received a phone call from Ennislare, cancelling our room!! We were offered no alternative or assistance to find new accommodation. I found Hargreaves House online, and viewed their website, which was of a very high standard.I rang Pauline, who owns Hargreaves House, and she was very willing to accommodate myself and my husband. She was very warm and friendly, and arranged to have a bottle of wine on ice in our room on arrival as well as flowers :D The room was very clean, comfortable and welcoming. I was ill with a throat infection, and Pauline was kind enough to make me hot honey and lemon drinks, she was very concerned and went the extra mile throughout our stay. Pauline was knowledgable about the area in which her BnB is situated, and endeavours to support local businesses by using and selling their produce. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would highly recommend Hargreaves House to anyone looking the comforts of home, friendly faces and someone who goes the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. My hubby even got a wee birthday muffin and a candle with a very delicious breakfast :D, thanks to Pauline for everything!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally W
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Myself,my husband and 5 year old stayed here on fri 5th oct-2012 and we had a really lovely stay.
We always find it hard getting a triple room,but nothing was any trouble and our stay couldn't have been made any more comfortable!
Pauline,the owner,gave us all the info we needed to make our stay interesting.
The hotel is situated in the bay,which is quiet,picturesque and aslo within a few minutes walking distance of everything you need,food,drink and money.We had a fantastic meal at "Little Wings" italian restaurant(recommended by Pauline) and we had an excellent timel!Very relaxed atmosphere,lovely staff and beautiful food!!
This was an emotional trip for me, as i was visiting my grandfathers grave,and it was sooo nice to have a warm,welcoming,friendly and very scenic hotel to come back to.
I,and my family,will be making this trip yearly now and do not have the hastle of searching for hotels,as we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again,and will be making a new booking as soon as we have sorted out our dates!
Thankyou,Pauline,we really enjoyed it,and your lovely breakfast!!!
A very happy,Fallon Family xx

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jacqui f
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Had a short trip last week, staying 4 nights. First time bringing our baby over, so was a little unsure how the trip would go. Pauline was great, very friendly very helpful. Pauline knows a lot about Bangor and will always help you pick the best place to go. The room was perfect for us and Pauline made sure the travel cot was ready for us. She also borrowed a bottle sterilizer for us. which helped with space in the cases. If you have been to Bangor and especially Dunnes, you know you'll need some space. Couldnt fault our stay and will be calling Pauline next time we are over.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, just choose if you want an en'suite or not.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We wanted to stay somewhere close to Belfast, but wanted to be out of the city. The waterside location of Hargreaves was exactly what we wanted. Our hostess had set up one room for our teenage boys on the second floor and our room was on the main floor with en suite. I do not think we have ever stayed in a room that was so well set up for travelers. All the comforts were on hand or easily found. We were given a delicious recommendation for supper which was a 10 minute walk in the town. We returned to enjoy a glass of wine on the patio looking out over the water (which was our reason for choosing the location). Breakfast was generous and made to order. Love the world map in the dining room. Parking was available right on the street. What more could you need? Would definitely plan to return to Bangor if we visit the area again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family