Hargreaves House
US$126
US$490
US$455
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel(Carrickfergus)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$185
Priceline
Loughshore Hotel(Carrickfergus)
US$112
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb bguinness breadantrim coastwealth of informationnorthern irelandbreakfast was deliciousfluffy bathrobesbreakfast room isplace to staymaking reservationsfront windowirish seabeyond the call of dutyfive minute walklittle touchesrabbit roomsa lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We loved arriving here on the coast in Bangor for our first day in Ireland; we immediately asked to stay another night. Pauline was so helpful and gracious welcoming us and recommending a fabulous place to eat - The Boat House, on our first night and with short notice. She also provided us recommendations and vouchers to tour Belfast - all perfect. Our room had everything one could want and sitting in the diningroom/parlor we enjoyed some wine ( which she went and picked up for us) and the lovely view of the sea. We would highly recommend you put this on your schedule; we are so glad we found This B & B!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Verinvi
OwnerPauline, Owner at Hargreaves House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Hallo
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your stay here at Hargreaves House. Also I am glad you enjoyed your meal at the Boat House and were able to make use of the discount tickets we gave you for Belfast. Perhaps we will see you again on another visit?
Pauline

Reviewed 8 December 2012

We first came across Hargreaves House when our cousins came over from South Africa to visit our relatives in Bangor. Pauline could not have been more helpful. Arranging a taxi to and from the airport due to visitors ill health. My cousins were very interested in our Family Tree. Pauline put them in touch with a Family Researcher. She could not have been more helpful and accommodating to them. A coat had been left at another relative's and Pauline kindly received it for them. Everything that was needed was catered for. So when my sister, husband and myself needed to go across due to illness in our family the first place for us to stay was Hargreaves House knowing we would get a warm welcome and assistance in whatever was needed and we were not disappointed. Hargreaves House is very near the main street in Bangor and easily accessible. Nothing was too much trouble for Pauline as she seems to enjoy looking after her visitors. The bedrooms were very comfortable. Excellent breakfast in front of an open fire. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sloaney
Reviewed 13 November 2012

A pleasure to stay at this very welcoming BnB. Pauline was very helpful with her advice on where to eat etc. My partner and i wanted a evening away and mainly because of Pauline we got what we wanted. The room was nice and comfy and very homely. I would recomend Hargreaves to my friends and family and the next time we go for break down bangor way we will be staying there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda J
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My niece and I stayed at Hargreaves House for 4 nights while visiting my daughter. Pauline made us very welcome. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was first class and having a fire lit was a lovely treat! We look forward to staying again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I planned a night away with my husband,for his birthday, and needed a BnB close to the restaurant we were going to.At first I had booked a room at Ennislare Guest House, 3 weeks in advance. Two days before we were due to arrive, I received a phone call from Ennislare, cancelling our room!! We were offered no alternative or assistance to find new accommodation. I found Hargreaves House online, and viewed their website, which was of a very high standard.I rang Pauline, who owns Hargreaves House, and she was very willing to accommodate myself and my husband. She was very warm and friendly, and arranged to have a bottle of wine on ice in our room on arrival as well as flowers :D The room was very clean, comfortable and welcoming. I was ill with a throat infection, and Pauline was kind enough to make me hot honey and lemon drinks, she was very concerned and went the extra mile throughout our stay. Pauline was knowledgable about the area in which her BnB is situated, and endeavours to support local businesses by using and selling their produce. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would highly recommend Hargreaves House to anyone looking the comforts of home, friendly faces and someone who goes the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. My hubby even got a wee birthday muffin and a candle with a very delicious breakfast :D, thanks to Pauline for everything!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple