Auld Pickie Bed & Breakfast
Hotels.com
Shelleven Guest House(Bangor)
30Seacliff(Bangor)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just back from mini break to Bangor with my family. Carolyn & Dai were very welcoming and friendly. The B&B was situated right above pickie park which was perfect for us and pathway right in front of building took us straight onto the promenade.
Rooms were very homely and comfortable and Carolyn's hearty breakfasts set us up well for the days activities!
Highly recommended and we will definitely stay here again next time we visit Bangor!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here unexpectedly for a night, absolutely beautiful views from the bedroom Carolyn is such a lovely girl, brilliant with children my son and his friend absolutely loved it breakfast the next morning was out of this world had a choice of everything would definitely recommend it and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank alexcraig
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My family and I stayed at this B&B just recently and it was the most beautiful place ever to stay the owners Carolyn and Dia were very friendly and made are stay very comfortable as they treated us more like family rather than guests. It is a fantastic place for a family to stay as our 2 year old and 7 year old enjoyed it so much that they didn't want to leave and keep asking when they can see carolyn and dia again.It is more like a good quality hotel rather than a B&B, the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated with a great view of the ocean,and we woke every morning to a home cooked breakfast that was absolutley gorgeous. We loved it so much that we have booked again for the end of July and the boy's can't wait to see Carolyn and Dia again.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 4 that had a great of the ocean and it was lovely to watch at night when it was all lit up.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night with our 3 year old daughter. We had wanted to book a hotel but everywhere was booked up (lucky for us). This is the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Our room was beautiful and the view was even better, over looking the harbour. Carolyn the owner was so friendly and attended to everything we needed. Our 3 year old daughter loved her. The breakfast was amazing and more than we could eat.

We are already making plans to back here through the summer to stay for longer.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TODCOD
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here last week on the sad event of my Nan's funeral. I and 8 other people stayed here. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. Dai and Carolyne are firstly very welcome, they were aware of why we were there, and greeted us with tea and biscuits.
The rooms are all very unique, I saw 3 of them, 2 of which had amazing views (I had a single room, with a window facing the back, but it was worth it for a single room ;-) ). It is situated on the marina, and you can see right out to sea in the front rooms. An amazing view, on one of our days it was so clear that we could see Scotland.
Carolyne and Dai really do their best to make you feel welcome. After showing us to our rooms they took the time to make sure our rooms were ok, and that we had everything we needed.
We arrived the night before the funeral, and had some drinks in town (which were really nice). We came back late, and a number of us had impressive hangovers. These were cured by the really generous cooked breakfasts.
I have to say, even though it was a sad occasions, I look forward to returning with my young family for a proper holiday.
Thank you Dai and Carolyne.
Sean Pearce (and the rest of the Johnston Clan)

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a stunning sea view Rooms at the back are just as nice (minus the view) Make sure you have an appetite for breakfast!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family