Went here with my wife on Friday evening. It is a nice wee place, good surroundings, staff and atmosphere. It is however way overpriced for what it is. We found the menu somewhat limited and chose to have a main and both went for the steak. This was tasty enough, nothing brilliant. Steak came on a tiny bed of cabbage with a lump of butter on top, and was served with a bowl of wedges for two of us. At £24.50 a portion it was not something to write home about. Steak still quite bloody , I believe could have been rested longer. Opted for a cheese board after which was ok but had to ask for extra biscuits as they were somewhat limited. So two mains ,cheeseboard, bottle of wine (£20, was good) and drinks £120 incl tip which is way way overpriced. Wolseys do a steak which is twice as good for £13. At these prices it is getting Boat House territory (across the road) and it really is not that sort of league. It wasn't all bad as I say and it was an enjoyable evening. Recommendations:- go to Wolseys and get a better feed for half the price or if feeling flush, gob to the Biat House instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland