Stayed at the beginning of December for 3 nights. Had a room at the front of the hotel - plenty of room and nicely decorated. We were warmly welcomed by Maeve who looked after us very well throughout our stay. Nothing was too much trouble - even bringing my husband a tray of beers so he could decide which one he wanted to drink.
Food was excellent and we couldn't fault the service. Friendly staff throughout. Excellent breakfast and a lovely atmosphere in the bistro. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland