Just returned from an early evening tea. Having been many times before, we were so disappointed with our meal. We ordered breads, oils, butter etc. to share as a starter. There was a good selection of breads, ample for two. We expected the breads to be warm, they were actually cold, almost like they had been in a chiller. We felt very rushed as far as service was concerned. The bread board hadn't been removed, in fact I still had a piece on my plate and was still eating when our mains arrived. We both ordered the 'homemade burger', having had it before, I ordered well done and my husband ordered medium. I knew immediately that the burger wasn't a proper beef burger eg., a minced beef pattie. The smell was disgusting. I cut a cm sized portion. Needless to say that was all that I ate of it, my husband was unable to eat his either. The server asked if everything was ok and when I explained that the burger wasn't homemade he assured me it was and in fact spoke to the chef who told him it was homemade. Not in Salty Dog it wasn't.!! We were then informed that the burger had come from a 'supplier'! Why would you charge £12 for a 'homemade' burger and serve processed crap! A beef burger is surely one of the easiest things to make! The cost of the burgers were removed from the bill, but the meal has really left us with a 'bad taste' regarding the quality of produce used and served in Salty Dog.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and LateRooms so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland