Sunday afternoon and the restaurant was not busy but still waited fifty minutes for our order. Two meals came first followed some time later by the rest of our meals. The waiter could not leave quick enough, checking his watch as he left out final two meals and hurrying off never to be seen again. I approached the bar where there were four staff having a nice chat with each other and waited as they all ignored me. One female member of staff actually looked at me and turned away. After finally getting to speak to another waiter I managed to ask for more drinks for the table and voiced my anger at being treated so badly.
When we had finished out meal, which has to be said was of a very high standard and congratulations should be given to the chef, I once again had to approach the bar for my bill only to be completely ignored by the same female member of staff as earlier.
A serious let down. It seems that the majority of staff here forget that it is the customer who keeps them in jobs and this isn't the cheapest place to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland