The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro is a wonderful place to stay. With on-site restaurant you hardly need to leave the hotel. That is except to enjoy the wonders of Northern Ireland. The rooms were well done, most with a view of the Bangor harbour.
A drive away you can get to some of the most spectacular areas for scenery, like the Giants Causeway.
The staff are exceptional! We had the misfortune of a breakdown of our rental car, which resulted in having to rebook, including an additional night for the two rooms our party had booked. With a bit of juggling by the staff, we were able to keep the two premium sea-view rooms we were in. The staff were very helpful with our disabled vehicle, until it was able to be repaired.
As for the food, breakfast was your choice from Full Irish, to cereals, fruit and even something special not on the menu. Dinners were also a great treat and great value, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland