We have just returned from a great overnight stay at The Salty Dog. I must say customer service makes all the difference and Salty Dog certainly goes that extra mile! On checking in Maeve was wonderful in welcoming us and filling us in on where and what to do. It was when we sat down to dinner that I realised I had forgotten to pack toothpaste and so I asked Barbara at reception. Unfortunately they didnt have any but she drove out to the nearest shop and got me some! Its personal touches like this that make all the difference, so kind and helpful. Our room was lovely with fab views over the harbour which we could take in while lying in bed. Dinner, cocktails and breakfast were fab and the atmosphere was buzzing. We would most definitely recommend The Salty Dog!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland