This place was recommended by friend - and he knows he food !
Called in for lunch yesterday and certainly wasn't disappointed. Given a table at the window, overlooking the boats.
The menu arrived quickly and the specials explained.
We settled for fish pie, fish & chips and creamy chicken pasta from the kids menu (not the usual boring processed chicken nuggets). The food took a little while to arrived - which made it evident it was all freshly prepared - and well worth our short wait. WOW ! Fish & Chips - huge portion of fish with a lovely fresh breadcrumb coating and fab chips. Mushy peas were amazing and vinegar flavour mayo was yum. My fish pie was just perfect - great variety of fish, delicious sauce and cheesy mash - with a hidden soft boiled egg ! The kids portion of pasta was big enough for anyone. Lovely fresh pasta in a lovely creamy sauce with loads of beautifully cooked chicken breast - faultless !
Desserts had to be had ! Again wonderful - especially the ice cream float with popping candy for my grand daughter - she loved it. It came in separate bowls/jugs for her to assemble herself - which was part of the fun. She could hardly eat for laughing as the candy popped in her mouth ! Great fun - great food ! Thanks Salty Dog - can`t wait to return. (Really fancy a wee overnight stay)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland