I visited The Salty Dog last weekend (26th July) with my boyfriend and his family for a goodbye dinner and it was absolutely fantastic!
I really love this place, the atmosphere is brilliant from the moment you walk in. The staff are really friendly and service is both prompt and professional.
The food is exceptional - every one of us loved our meal. We had sausages and mash, the signature burger and fish between us and everything was tasty, hot and delicious! The selection on offer is great and they have a fab specials board too. I highly recommend the 'keen' choux dessert which I had!
I also tried the cocktail of the month which went down a treat too.
After our meal we sat and had a few drinks in the seating area - it was really lovely with a fantastic atmosphere.
Although I'm not from the Bangor area I really would recommend The Salty Dog to anyone who is in this direction! I can't wait until my next visit and shall be recommending it to all my friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland