“Nice lunch spot by the fire”
Review of Wolseys Bar

Wolseys Bar
Ranked #42 of 163 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Refurbished in 2012, Wolsey's is seen by many as one of Bangor's best bars. Comfortable and relaxed surroundings ensure all who dine with us do so with ease and content. Head Chef Peter Harrison has created a menu that has something for everyone, and you certainly won't be disappointed! Chef Ross is well known for unrivaled steaks, burgers and seafood dishes, whilst still delivering home comforts such as lasagne and goujons, hearty soups and hand cut chips. Our produce is sourced locally from our free range eggs from Barr Eggs to our meat sourced from Mawhinney's Butchers of Bangor. We believe in strengthening our relationship with local suppliers to enhance our contribution to the economy, and we can guarantee that each of our delicious dishes will have been created from the freshest of ingredients.
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Not one of regular haunts, well not since I was a teenager in the town.
It's nice to go back and see that they kept the bones of the place the same.
Good food, nice Guinness, pleasant staff.
Tends to favour the younger crowd especially in the evenings.

schism86, Manager at Wolseys Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Thanks so much for your review! See you again soon =)

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Was not impressed with menu. Place was cold and uninviting. When food arrived it was 'Blah' will not be going back very unimpressed.

1  Thank J_Star228

So sorry to read you weren't happy- We are now under new ownership and have a new menu. We would love to see you return and give us a verdict! We're sure you'll be pleased with the changes! =)

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Relaxed atmosphere and great quality bar food with lovely staff. I had a burger topped with bacon, cheese, pineapple and JD sauce with fries which was perfectly cooked and very very tasty. My wife had chicken goujons with garlic chips and a dip which were also very nice and very good quality. The kids food was excellent, not frozen/reheated rubbish like in a lot of restaurants, but simply smaller portions of the adult food. My boys (4 and 7 yrs old) enjoyed a really lovely lasagne & chips and an excellent fish & chips. They ate every bite.
The service was friendly and welcoming and the bill at the end wasn't expensive.
Will definitely go again.

2  Thank Jedi-12345
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This pub has not changed at all in the years I have been away. Buy some new fittings and make it a bit more twentieth century.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Went to the Steak House for the first time and had the chowder for starters. It was the tastiest Chowder I've ever tasted with mussels, crab claws, fish & prawns. I didn't think I'd have room for my steak after bit it was so delicious I managed to finish most of it. Cooked to perfection with veg, onion rings, sauce & side order for only £13. The staff were friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere about the place. I'll definitely be back.

1  Thank shobiP

Thanks so much for your review! See you again soon =)