“Great food, brilliant service!”
Review of Wolseys Bar

Wolseys Bar
Ranked #42 of 163 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Refurbished in 2012, Wolsey's is seen by many as one of Bangor's best bars. Comfortable and relaxed surroundings ensure all who dine with us do so with ease and content. Head Chef Peter Harrison has created a menu that has something for everyone, and you certainly won't be disappointed! Chef Ross is well known for unrivaled steaks, burgers and seafood dishes, whilst still delivering home comforts such as lasagne and goujons, hearty soups and hand cut chips. Our produce is sourced locally from our free range eggs from Barr Eggs to our meat sourced from Mawhinney's Butchers of Bangor. We believe in strengthening our relationship with local suppliers to enhance our contribution to the economy, and we can guarantee that each of our delicious dishes will have been created from the freshest of ingredients.
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I was here on a Saturday night around 8pm. We were recommended this place by some locals and it lived up to the expectations.

The decor and surroundings are comfortable and relaxed without being too casual.

The staff are attentive and extremely professional. We were a party of 20 and were dealt with efficiently, promptly and with such genuine interest every single member if my group felt well looked after.

The food is outstanding. The most expensive thing in the menus is around £19, I went for that. The surf and turf. WOW! It was absolutely outstanding. The steak was perfectly cooked and I was also given enough peppercorn sauce to choke a horse.

For starter I had the seafood medley. The menu states that it's perfect for sharing, I would have to disagree though. Although the selection of seafood in the dish is excellent the portion is the perfect size for one person as an appetiser. The sauce was creamy and tangy and matched the delicate shellfish flavours perfectly.

I was only drinking soft drinks but I'm led to believe the selection of bottles and draught beers was extensive, I also hear the Guinness was too notch too!!

The staff were a standout attribute of our visit, it must be said, I'm very thankful to them for accommodating such a large booking on a Saturday and doing so with not so much as a sharp inhalation or eye roll.

Thanks for a great evening, is definitely recommend this place to a visiting group, be it families, friends or couples.

1  Thank Stavapalooza
schism86, Manager at Wolseys Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Lovely review, thanks so much! Our seafood medley was a real hit with many customers. The chef certainly knows his fish! Would love to have you back- see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and our two boys ate in Wolsey's this evening for the first time and it was excellent. Food was good, service was excellent and it was reasonably priced. One tip, give the kids paper an crayons! It's that simple to keep them occupied I don't get why every restaurant doesn't do this! Other than that, if your ever in Bangor and want a nice feed, go to Wolsey's!!

3  Thank John L

Reviewed 14 July 2014

A good family restaurant with affordable prices. The food is really good too. Fresh and plenty of it.

2  Thank Flossie V

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Love Wolsey's! Food is good and restaurant nice atmosphere. One of my favourite bars in bangor again with a good atmosphere and always good craic.
Get into Wolseys for a drink or a meal if your in Bangor!

1  Thank nird
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Called here for drinks only and Ceol

Very good

Toilets a bit smelly but busy

Bar staff quick and helpful

All in all a good nites fun

1  Thank bigmacAntrim