“Great food and value!”

The Ava Winebar
Ranked #9 of 158 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$10 - US$51
Cuisines: European, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Ava Winebar has undergone a complete refurbishment and has been transformed into a classy, elegant and on trend wine bar. We are ideally situated on the corner of Main Street opposite Bangor bus station and the post office. We are open seven days a week for lunch, tapas, dinner and drinks. The future of The Ava is an exciting one, especially with a complete reboot of the drinks menu, now knows as 'The Drink Bible' with its quirky illustrations and finishing touches. The food menu has also been revamped and expanded upon, proving that even the pickiest of eaters can find something they will enjoy. For those who are looking something a little lighter a new bar menu has been introduced which features tapas and selected wines by the glass. The newly renovated spot is also expecting a new beer garden and a re-branding of the cellar bar.
“Great food and value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Yesterday we were eating in this restaurant. We had an early bird menu and we chose vegetables broth with delicious, I think pearl barley as a starter and as a main battered fish, me with fries, my girlfriend with champ and both were so delicious. Great food, great service, we can highly recommend this place!!

3 Thank Michal P

“Review the cleaning!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had dinner here recently. Food ok although, the chilli and garlic prawns could have done with some chilli, none to be found!!. Service is very quick and attentive.

I do however, have to mention the ladies toilets. The Vent Axia units couldn't possibly be working as a vent, as they are totally blocked with thick dust, as are the tops of the partitions between the cubicles and as I had visited between the starter and main I found it a bit off putting.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank 760Kate
“2 Courses for £10”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This has to be good value for money e.g. Starter and Main Course for £10. The meals are standard pub grub but I have to say the 3 meals we had were piping hot as if they were just cooked. Would definitely recommend this for a Restaurant for a casual lunch.

• Visited June 2014
“Average pub grub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Had the burger, not that good. I think I picked the wrong thing to eat, everything else was fine but I think burgers are marketed as being something that should really well made but are just simply a meat patties that could come from anywhere. Starters, good, main poor to average and desserts good.
The place itself is probably the nicest place to sit in, in Bangor, and the staff were very good.
I will give it a try again but steer clear of the burger

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Night-train88
“Lovely Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had lunch here with my Mum at the weekend and it was very good.We both enjoyed our food the service was excellent and it was very reasonable. We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014