“Bad Service”

Ranked #11 of 169 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$11 - US$53
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are ideally situated on the corner of Main Street opposite Bangor's Bus & Rail Station and the local Post Office. Open seven days a week for lunch, tapas, dinner and drinks.
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I went with a large party one evening. Did not receive a particularly warm welcome. My party were very neglected most of the evening. Had to get up and find a member of staff to get drinks/order etc

Settings were thrown on the table without any attention, and plates were held in front of peoples faces. At one point I seen the waitress kick open a side door and lift my dessert of a concrete floor and serve it to me, I was not impressed by that. There was bound to be dust kicking about when she kicked the door open.

I honestly thought the food was nice, as was the interior, but the service was that bad that I will not be going back.

1  Thank GNNQC

Reviewed 2 February 2011

We haven't been to the ava upstairs in a long time, but go regularly to vin cafe downstairs.
It is our favourite Bangor restaurant, the tapas food is delicious and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Also, love the fact you can select wine at off licence prices to drink at your table! Genius.

2  Thank BeinBelfastdotcom
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Downstairs is perfect from food service atmosphere but upstairs is awful!! Cold old and service was non exsistant. I would def recommend the Ava but only downstairs.

3  Thank Dr-G-Irwin
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Highly recommend The Ava. I visited for lunch recently and the food is excellent. The Chili chicken is a house favourite and it's not hard to see why.

The Ava offers a wide section of menus for the Vin Cafe and The Grill. Vin Cafe is the place to go for a good quality, good value lunch and they specialise in Tapas with an impressive great wine selection too. Upstairs is The Grill restaurant which offers an excellent A la Carte menu.

Bangor has a well-deserved reputation for food excellence and The Ava stands out as one of the best.

2  Thank Belfastreview