“Perfect Hotel for Weddings”
Review of Marine Court Hotel

Marine Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Perfect Hotel for Weddings”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I cant recommend this hotel any higher for weddings. Our was on 26 March 2011 and we were treated like royalty from the minute we walked threw the door. The staff are absolutely fantastic (martha is exceptional she was our wedding co-ordindator at the hotel), nothing was a problem to them and if you asked for something it was done straight away!! As for our meal well ALL of our guests complimented it on how their meat just fell apart and how hot it all was when they received it (we had 100 guests and i would say that would be hard to do but they managed it). They took all the stress out of arranging our reception as martha just seemed to read my mind and know exactly wat i wanted. The rooms are magnificent and very very clean. Anyone who is looking around for a reception i would say to you look no further as you couldnt get better than the Marine Court!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JulieAnne36

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My partner and I stayed for one night as part of a special offer the hotel was running in conjunction with a newspaper, and were delighted to be upgraded to a suite. The Carnalea Suite was really like a family room - one large double bed and two single beds. However it was impossible to see the television from the double bed. At least it was movable!
The bed was so comfortable and warm - possibly too warm as we move into the warmer weather, perhaps bedding of a lower tog rating would have been available had we asked. The view was over a number of rooftops at close proximity, on which pigeons congregate in large numbers. This discouraged me from wanting to open the window. However it was possible to see the sea beyond this.
Regarding cleanliness and maintenance, the Marine Court could do better. There was a small hole burnt in the net curtain and some wax apparent on the carpet. There was also a whitish stain on the information leaflet rack. The bathroom was clean, but is tired in appearance. The wall tiles appeared grubby with some browning round the edges.
The hotel is right at Bangor seafront, so is well placed to visit the numerous tourist attractions, restaurants and shops Bangor boasts, yet a safe distance away from the busy Main Street hiving with life from pubs and clubs on many nights of the week. The Marine Court does have its own nightclub however we did not experience any problems with this as we were on the top floor.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I would highly recommend the Marine Court for weddings, and indeed any other function. The staff did their utmost to ensure our wedding day was perfect, and went out of their way to accommodate our guests. The rooms, food and service were fantastic and we will definitely go back. I would highly recommend this venue for weddings, functions or indeed just for a getaway.

Stayed May 2010
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My husband and I have been coming to stay at the Marine Court Hotel now for 10 years, from when we where just a couple to actually being married. In fact its where we choose to have our wedding reception on 21st April 2007. As always the hotel itself has wonderful friendly staff who are always willing to please. The food is outstanding and you are spoilt for choice the the menu selection. The leisure facilities with the pool and gym are great, and bar Mocha is a wonderful place up a knees up and place to party the night away. The room are so luxurious and the best room in the house where my husband and I stayed for his 39th birthday even has remote controlled lights and yes even a TV with remote in the bathroom!!!!! The staff treat you so well, we got champagne, with truffle chocolates on arrival in our room and best yet was the lovely rose petals scattered on our bed, as I said no detail is left unturned. A truly amazing hotel from beginning to end, well done Marine Court Hotel as always. Will see you in April 2011 for our 4th Wedding anniversary, cant wait.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Read all the review's on this hotel and was excited to book our 30th wedding anniversary on valentines day, Well we where that there was no recognition of our special occasion whats so ever and where given the worst table in the restaurant right back by the kitchen doors where the waiters would make a symphony of noise stacking teapots.
First the good: Great bed, friendly restaurant staff, great location and reasonably priced.
Now the bad: Unfriendly loud front desk staff, internet pictures alot nicer than reality night club had a rather rough crowd.
Would stay here again if we need to visit Bangor again but not for a special occasion.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Spartan999_11
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I've really enjoyed my stay at the Marine Court hotel. I was in Bangor on business with my colleague for 2 weeks and im really glad i chose this hotel.

The staff have been brilliant from day one, very friendly and down to earth staff. They made me feel welcome and no matter what the request they saw to it that it was done.

The rooms are a good size, spacious and are very clean. If you get the rooms with a view, there even better. The room over looks the marina which is a great site to wake up to on a morning.

Now the food. Again the food quality is excellent. There are a variety of dishes and i can honestly say you wont be disapointed with the quality. My colleague and i ate at the restaurant every night.The restaurant has a family feel to it and again the staff are very friendly. Every morning they packed a lunch for us with a range of sandwiches to choose from, like i said they accomodated our every request.

Overall if i could rate this hotel a 10 i would. Ive really enjoyed my time at this hotel and i cant wait to come over again and stqy at this hotel. In fact i will be back in May and im definitel going to be staying here again. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

Thank you to the staff at Marine Court for looking after myself and my colleague.

• Stayed January 2011
north east scotland
Reviewed 23 January 2011

This visit was short, arriving at 2130 and departing at 0830 the following morning.

Check in was straight forward and although the evening meals were ending offers were made to provide sandwiches. The town was closing down and we found a Chinese around the corner.

My room on the 4th floor was very comfortable - massive bed with plenty of space - comfortable bathroom. I slept very well.

Breakfast was fine - I did not try the Ulster fry but I did see it and it would fuel you for the rest of the day.

I will stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Strangford Arms Hotel
Strangford Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newtownards

Been to Marine Court Hotel? Share your experiences!