“Fantastic Food, friendly staff in a great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marine Court Hotel

Marine Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food, friendly staff in a great location!”
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Travelled across to attend a wedding at another hotel and to be honest it was a pity that my cousin hadnt chosen the Marine Court because the food at the Marine court is fantastic. We had a gorgeous meal on our 2nd night and the breakfast on both mornings fab - none of this buffet rubbish seen at other hotels - a fully cooked breakfast served to our table! by very pleasant staff. Had a nosey around the hotel and it even has a swimming pool & gym - pity we hadnt brought our swim stuff! Thanks to all the staff for a very pleasant w/end - we will definitely be back with the kids in the summer!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Londonderry
Reviewed 4 February 2010

On arrival at the hotel we were welcomed by a most charming friendly receptionist who gave us a free upgrade to the Abbey Suite, well we were amazed the room was beautiful with a four poster bed, plasma TV, sofa and chairs very impressive.

Our package included a four course dinner which was delicious, we managed to get a table in the restaurant by the window we really enjoyed the view over Bangor Marina.

The next morning we got up early and headed to the swimming pool for a nice swim then a relaxing dip in the whirlpool followed by a quick steam-room heaven.

We would diffently recommend this hotel and the deal we got was unmissable.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed 1 January 2010

While I did not stay at hotel, I did host a pre-wedding dinner for 30 people there in November 2009. The food was good, and the customer service was excellent. The Events Manager was fantastic, going above and beyond. Not only did she deal promptly with me over the phone and by email (since I was in the U.S.), she even took my handmade decorations for the napkins and put them together at home, so that I did not have to come in and do it during the hectic wedding week. They cheerfully accomodated unexpected additions to the dinner as well. One of our weddidng party from the U.S. did stay at the hotel, with a very small child, and was extremely pleased at the personal service. There was even a listening service which allowed the parents to go to the downstairs pub while the child was napping, and the staff notifiied them when the child woke up.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 25 December 2009

My partener & i stayed here to do some christmas shopping,we were over the moon with the Hotel,our room was very spacious,lovely decor,very clean,lovely view over harbour. The dinner was beautiful,& the staff couldnt be nicer,they even offered more potatos etc..but we were stuffed with the amount they gave us. Also the breakfast was fantastic,as much as you could eat.As it was december the Hotel was beautifully decorted & we took lots of pics,we thoroughly enjoyed our stay & have already recommended family & friends to go & stay,& they are planning on doing so. Anyone who finds fault with this Hotel they must be blind,or just typical moaners!! Cant wait to go back & stay in this Hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2009

Just returned from the Marine court after two nights there on business. The service was pretty good, the room was comfortable and the breakfast was all you could ask for. I would stay there again without a problem. I will make a couple of minor observations. The hotel does become a little noisy in the morning once people start having showers and the like, but for me it was only a minor issue as i had to get up at 8 anyway. The room is very nice and perfectly comfy, but the bathroom could do with a re-vamp. It is a shower into a bath tub, with shower curtain, which I normally hate, however i must say the shower curtain was perfectly clean and the water pressure was great. No serious issues at all, and i think a good hotel for the money paid. I never ate there so i can't comment on the food. I note the complaints about noise here at tripadvisor, and it was not an issue for me, however I was there on weekdays.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
northern ireland
Reviewed 15 November 2009

myself and hubby were to stay last night at the marine court hotel for a romantic night without the kiddies,but sorry to say we left at 10 30 pm,the noise from the disco was just too much and i suspected that after it finished we would hear alot of noise from the bins being used afterwards as the there was alot of bottles being thrown in the bins just outside our suite.It was such a dissapointment as the suite was so beautiful and the hotel itself is lovely,but just could nt put up with the noise.
I think it would be grand sun to thurs,but not at weekends unless you don t ming the thudding music

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
central scotland
Reviewed 2 November 2009

I stayed at this hotel over weekend on business. I did not think there would be any problems after all the positive reviews. However I was wrong.

First impressions were fine, however the room I was in was nothing like the pictures etc grout was missing from the floor tiles, soap dishes were corroded, poor natural lighting, poor artificial lighting. Room had a dining room table, but no comfortable seat. It din't look like the carpet had been vacuummed.

I then realised why I was in that room when a disco was thumping away. yes there is mention on the website of weekend entertainment however there is no mention of what and when it goes on until. When I complained was told that I already knew about it, strabge as I was travelling from 0345 that morning and did not get to sleep until 0200 the following morning because of it. If I'd known then I would have beooked else wher, I was then told my bookers knew about this disco. whenI checked my bookers on Monday morning (who have been booking all my business travel for 5 years without a problem), and they said there is nothing in there notes and had they known they would have told me.

Any way to cut a long story short I was treated abysmally, particularly the way my complaint was handled as though it was my fault, and the other issues compounded it.

This hotel failed miserably in it's mission statement and values (customer is first) which I'm sure the staff don't know anything about as even if they personally thought I knew about the disco they could have still handled it better. I was going to book further stays here until that experience. I went elsewhere and will continue to do so.

Based on my experiences, this is the worst hotel I've stayed in so far in Northern Ireland.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank travelt00much
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Stormont Hotel
Stormont Hotel
#12 of 43 in Belfast

Been to Marine Court Hotel? Share your experiences!