All reviews carvery lunch steam room abbey suite nelsons bar leisure centre bit dated overlooking the marina good size saturday night reception staff large room restaurant staff lovely view honeymoon suite great night staff were lovely function room
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I have been to Marine Court many times and was disappointed when I took my husband's grandmother and my 11month old son for 'lunch'.

We arrived just before 12 midday and stood at the 'please wait to be seated' sign, which we did. However, even though staff members had seen us, we were not seated, so sat ourselves down. We located a high chair, which we cleaned ourselves, and I ordered drinks at the bar. I asked the bar attendant about ordering food and she assured me that a waitress would come to us.

She didn't.

I went back to the bar and ordered a snack, plus a meal for my 11 month old son. None of the three pasta dishes were available, so ended up ordering sides for him.

30 mins later, whilst watching a member of staff plug his phone into charge, another 'banter' with a local, and another pick plaster off the wall, we got our food.

We then had to ask for my son's dessert, even though the restaurant was empty. We left 1 hour 30 mins later.

Terrible and won't be going back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Stayed here one night with friends 7th Aug. Great selection of food on the menue.The room was basic The dining room was spacious with a lovely view of Bangor harbour. our food and service excellent. Also food reasonably priced.Went for drinks to the Nelson had service also good.We would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for one night in room 209. The staff are fabulous and a special mention has to go to Johnny in the restaurant as he went out of his way for us. He got us extra milk for our coffee and tea in the room and he made sure we got our discount on our dinner in the restaurant as we had purchased tickets to see the Waterboys at the festival. He also looked after us at breakfast. All the staff we met were really lovely and very helpful. The meals both for breakfast and dinner were really nice and the portions were great we certainly were very happy. All in all we had a very nice stay. We found what we got good value for money.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Not a bat hotel. Reception area seemed a bit dark but clean and tidy. Lift to all floors. Bedroom was ok well furnished. Bathroom was a bit old fashioned shower worked well with plenty water pressure. Breakfast was served to you and was quite good.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. We received a wonderfully warm welcome when checking in - friendly and chatty. And we found this to be the case with everyone we came across who worked there.

The hotel itself is well located, overlooking the marina and close to Bangor’s nightlife and amenities. The rooms are spacious, with a large comfortable bed. There is a bathroom with a bath and shower.

The hotel is starting to show it’s age and a little shabby around the edges, but this in no way detracts from the enjoyment of staying here.

WiFi is free but not great - better to stick to 4G. There are only a limited number of plug sockets for charging devices and none near the bed.

Lastly, breakfast is excellent. We had the full Irish with black and white pudding (a rare treat). There is also fresh fruit, cereals, juices and toast to help yourself to.

An enjoyable stay. Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple