All reviews carvery lunch steam room abbey suite nelsons bar leisure centre bit dated overlooking the marina good size saturday night reception staff large room restaurant staff lovely view honeymoon suite great night staff were lovely function room
Reviewed 1 September 2018

This is a huge hotel however it does need to be updated. I get the feeling that this hotel must have been the in place during the 70s. Our room is very spacious and we have a great view out of the double door balcony. We swam in the pool, jacuzzi and the steam room was great. Staff are friendly and breakfast was good. We did enjoy our stay here.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. We went for the Open House festival and we could have literally watched the bands from the room!

The pool and gym are a massive bonus, we had a lovely swim before breakfast (which was great)

There’s free parking around the back and the rooms are spacious and comfortable.

A few of the reviews comment that this hotel is a little dated. That may be but it’s exceptionally clean and ornate and this is reflected in the price... it’s definitely good value for money.

1  Thank kaaate7
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Great venue for weddings,food enjoyable and served quickly and the large function room well set out.
Noticed the bar and first floor lounge area starting to look grubby from the last time in this hotel but the rest of the place is fine.
The rooms are a good size and tea and coffee facilities are provided.
Good selection of cocktails available in the bar but found the place a little too warm for my liking.

Room tip: Front rooms have great views of the marina
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I attended a hen do this weekend at the Marine Court Hotel.
On arrival the staff were lovely. It was easy to get checked in etc.

Considering we were on a hen, you would expect that all rooms were twin rooms.. With 2 beds. Unfortunately, myself and my brother had to share a bed as the room was a double. When I called reception to get it changed.. the receptionist let out a massive sigh and told me housekeeping had left and it would be the next day before the beds could be separated.

We then went to the function room for a party, the finger food available was lovely, however there was limited options for our vegetarian friend.

The hotel was so warm, it was impossible to sleep. The heating was on in the bar, there was no air conditioning and the bedroom window would not open enough to let any kind of air in. The room was so warm we found it impossible to sit in. It made us physically sick.

The next day we attended a cocktail making class.. which honestly.. was an hour spent watching the lovely bar tender make the drink.. with 10 minutes where the bride to be got to have a go.

Dinner was nice but again the hotel was so warm no one was able to finish their food because the heat made people feel so sick.

The bar at night once again was so warm, we spent most of the night running in and out of the hotel to get air.

The final night, we were unable to sleep.. due to the heat and also the noise from the bars across the way. Which then meant that we were unable to keep the window open.

The next morning we got up. had breakfast and left immediately. The hotel is FAR TO WARM!! rooms need to be equipped with air conditioning or fans.

the whole weekend was ruined by the sheer heat of the hotel - it meant we were unable to fully enjoy any aspect of what otherwise would have been a great weekend.

Unfortunately I will not be back to the hotel due to this reason.

Room tip: Request a sea view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I have been to Marine Court many times and was disappointed when I took my husband's grandmother and my 11month old son for 'lunch'.

We arrived just before 12 midday and stood at the 'please wait to be seated' sign, which we did. However, even though staff members had seen us, we were not seated, so sat ourselves down. We located a high chair, which we cleaned ourselves, and I ordered drinks at the bar. I asked the bar attendant about ordering food and she assured me that a waitress would come to us.

She didn't.

I went back to the bar and ordered a snack, plus a meal for my 11 month old son. None of the three pasta dishes were available, so ended up ordering sides for him.

30 mins later, whilst watching a member of staff plug his phone into charge, another 'banter' with a local, and another pick plaster off the wall, we got our food.

We then had to ask for my son's dessert, even though the restaurant was empty. We left 1 hour 30 mins later.

Terrible and won't be going back.

Trip type: Travelled with family